Clover - Z68x-UD5-B3 - Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

sld87

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I can get Clover to boot to main screen (Most of the time, occasionally I get what looks like a debug menu), but when I try the installer I get the "yosemite missing bluetooth controller transport" KP.

Anyone have any idea where to start?

I am using Z68x-UD5-B3, Bios F6, using Tony's DSDT database file. I am using the kexts and instructions based http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/125632-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html there, with updates for the Yosemite files. I have tried various boot flags to no avail (The only one I can't find is GraphicsEnabler=Yes.. But I have a feeling ticking the Nvidia inject box in the GFX does this same function.

I can't work out how to use boot flags manually on the Clover loader (On Chimera obviously you just start typing on the HDD select). In the mean time I have been loading the plist into Clover Configurator and checking the boot flag options there.

Has anyone managed to boot into the installer? I can use Chimera to load an install fine, obviously not 100%.. So I am trying to make the switch for Clover but after 2 full days I can't get it to boot to the installer.

My hardware specs are 
i7 2600k
Gefore 560ti
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
1080P HDMI PC monitor

Please help! I am engaged to be married in January and this is putting a taxing strain on it as I am going insane icon_e_biggrin.gif have been a Chimera user for years and years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry if i have been misunderstood, but i am trying to move away from the alternatives and onto Clover. but it seems I can't get a USB drive to boot the installer. I can read the main clover screen, but when I go to run OS X install I hit that handover error.

My only mention of my initial post was because using Chimera, I was able to get Yosemite installed fine, so it can't be a Yosemite issue.. And for some reason I have never encountered this KP before? It KPs after the USBECHI handover errors (Cant obtain ownership etc) and then finally on the Bluetooth Controller Transport it hangs and KPS - though I suspect that has nothing to do with the issue and it is related to the USB load.

USBECHI seems to be causing the issue - I have read about modifying handovers in BIOS but my older non-UEFI board does not have this option. 

Does anyone have any solutions or non specific USB based install methods they could share with me? I have been a part of this community for many years, have tried everything here to get clover to boot the installer to no avail. Before I go spending another $2k on a Z99 board, i wanted to make sure this one isnt entirely out of steam.

I couldn't boot using any flags at all. I have solved the issue however!

I have avoided the USB Handover all together. The secret was to get the install up and running using an alternate method, boot into it for the first initial boot, and then mount the EFI on the destination drive and then install Clover to it.

I then added

-NullCPUPowerManagement (Got P State errors otherwise)

-FakeSMC

-Realtek8111

and booted DSDT free. It loaded up fine (Ethernet to be honest was hit and miss, I had to delete and replace that kext a couple of times and eventually after leaving Safari open it connected after a few minutes).

Once I booted DSDT free, I generated a clean DSDT (The one I was using, was supposed to be mickey mouse but was corrupted as {censored}). I then ran the ALC Injector, rebooted, and voila.

Ran Clover Config (removing my usual flag of npci=0x2000), on APCI clicked 'Drop OEM_DCM', boot i clicked -v, dart=01 (Oh, I also disabled Virtualisation in the bios), and kext-dev. Under Graphics I had unchecked inject intel and clicked inject nVidia.

Rebooted, went to mothers iMac and generated the values for SMBIOS, rebooted again and iCloud worked straight away!!

Couldn't be happier :)

Thanks for the responses. I will put this one down to an old board that had to be jump started.

Hey! I have the exact same board as you and have had the same issues with Clover.

Was this done on a new install? Or just replacing Chameleon? Feel free to contact me by private message! I'd love to get more details on how you did it.

I have everything but iMessage working on my hack :(

• Like 1

Hey! I have the exact same board as you and have had the same issues with Clover.

Was this done on a new install? Or just replacing Chameleon?

You will need to do this on a new install, I wouldn't even want to dream about upgrading. You can use Chameleon to get your install up and running (from your USB stick), and once you boot into OS X after the install type diskutil list and find out what descriptor your OS X Install EFI partition is. Mine was disk01s1 so i typed sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

from there install clover to your OS X drive, checking boxes for:

Install Clover in ESP

(Bootloader) Install Boot0af

(Drivers64UEFI) Install RC Scripts on target volume.

then head to the Drivers64UEFI Folder and replace VBox with HFSPlus.efi, and head to the kexts folder, create a folder called 10.10 and put NullCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC and Realtek8111 kexts in there. You need a clean DSDT and need to know how to apply some basic patches with MaciASL. are you familiar with it?

Thanks for the answer! Really appreciated.

All the stuff you talked about seems rather simple. 

I've never actually created a clean DSDT, but since we have the same board (Only difference with mine is that I'm on F10) could I use your DSDT? Or need a specific one for my BIOS version?

And for HFSPlus.efi, did you use a specific version of the kext? 

You need a Bios specific - Follow this guide to create your own DSDT (Including adding the sources it talks about, you will know what i mean when you get to it). http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/03/how-to-edit-your-own-dsdt-with-maciasl.html

I had no knowledge of DSDT compilation before that. You will need to do this on a clean install where you haven't used a DSDT to boot. Once thats done you can run a ALC889 script to enable sound. Don't go {censored} around with your AppleHDA kext from alternative all in one solutions or you will need to re-install again.

On a side note:

Anyone have any idea why my clover 10.10 is defaulting to OS X Drivers after every reboot? I can toggle Nvidia fine, and when it sleeps its ok, but on restart it defaults.

I am using nvda_drv=1 and i have tried both InjectNvidia and leaving it unchecked.

Thanks in advance

So, just doing this, selecting the right options in Clover, and I should be good? 

iMessage working on your system I'm guessing? 

Yep - working beautifully. Handoff not working but I use ethernet so don't think it would. 

System is relatively stable - hasn't crashed since I made the DSDT. Haven't got:

- Power management (P State errors - experimenting tonight)

- Trim (Experimenting tonight) 

- Web Drivers won't default (As above)

If your F6 bios (Google how to check, its in BIOS) I will give you all my files.

Generated P States in Clover, and used Vietnam to make an SSDT - no more P state errors on boot so tick that off.

Trim still not working. *EDIT* got it working thanks to Clover method here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/

That's awesome. I don't really need handoff, so no big deal.

What exactly are those P State errors? How does it affect your system on a daily basis?

I wish I was on F6, but been on F10 for more than a year :P

Thanks a lot for helping out, I might do it this weekend.

That's awesome. I don't really need handoff, so no big deal.

What exactly are those P State errors? How does it affect your system on a daily basis?

I wish I was on F6, but been on F10 for more than a year :P

Thanks a lot for helping out, I might do it this weekend.

Just be wary of the 'Premade' DSDTs you'll find on databases around the net. My F6 one was full of errors and it was the reason I couldn't run the script for ALC889. As soon as I compiled my own it worked. 

The P State errors are P STATE STEPPOR ERROR AT CONTEXT ones. With Chameleon, and DSDT free they would cause a KP. I had to use NullCPUPowerManagement which disables Power Management alltogether. Now, with the DSDT, I could remove Null but it would still generate those errors, although it would still boot for some reason.

Now, I have DSDT,SSDT, the fixes applied from the Vietnam AIO, and I checked the box in clover to generate P States (Not sure what C states are so left that unchecked) and I don't get the error anymore. I would love to test if Power Management is actually working but have no idea how to.

All I know is this is the most stable my Yosemite build has been at now - and although the Nvidia web drivers don't want to stick as my default setting I really don't have any complaints except for a slow Ethernet ( I found the kext on kexts.com and as a result my speed is at 10mb, not 100mb like t was - i will try ethernet from Vietnam and report back).

Thing is, I don't actually need ALC889.; My headset is USB and works OOB without a audio driver. Making my own DSDT is still mandatory then?

PowerManagement is responsible for fans and stuff, right? Never actually been sure.

Yes because you can run certain scripts on it to patch behaviour and avoid bad things happening. Its pretty simple to do now, most of the tools do it for you and that link i gave you will see you do it in about 10 minutes.

I can't get my ethernet up to speed though. It is capping out at 10mb, not 100mb. Need to find a better Realtek8111e kext.