[HELP] VMWare Yosemite

13 posts in this topic

Hi

I installed Mac OS X 10.9 using a VMware image file and guide i found and it was working perfectly, no lag, no delay and not even slow.

But i decided to update to OS X 10.10 and it was sooo slow and laggy.

I am not sure why.

Can anyone tell me or guide me why its slow.

Thanks

Hey,

Did you install VMware Tools in the Virtual Machine after updating to OS X Yosemite? If not then download the latest VMware Tools and install it. It should solve the slow or lagging problem.

how do i install VM Tools.

i tried installing them on my 10.9 aswell by going on VM-> Install Tools but i get this error:

'Could not find component on update server. Contact VMware Support or your system administrator.'

how do i install VM Tools.

i tried installing them on my 10.9 aswell by going on VM-> Install Tools but i get this error:

'Could not find component on update server. Contact VMware Support or your system administrator.'

Installing the darwin version of the VMware Tools for OS X does not work in Workstation or Player, for Yosemite download the latest version of the darwin.iso from Fusion 7, link below, and mount the ISO via the CD/DVD settings in your OS X VM and install from the mounted ISO.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/31-vmware-tools-for-os-x-darwiniso/

I installed the tools from Fusion 7 on a fresh install on Workstation 10 and it's still laggy with no autofit.

The performance of Yosemite on Workstation 10 and Player 6 is not as good as Mavericks even with the Fusion 7 VMware Tools, you will have to wait for Workstation 11 or Player 7 before you might see some improvement, Fusion 7 definitely performs better than Fusion 6. Autofit should work with the Fusion 7 tools installed, have you checked your Display Preferences?

The performance of Yosemite on Workstation 10 and Player 6 is not as good as Mavericks even with the Fusion 7 VMware Tools, you will have to wait for Workstation 11 or Player 7 before you might see some improvement, Fusion 7 definitely performs better than Fusion 6. Autofit should work with the Fusion 7 tools installed, have you checked your Display Preferences?

Yes sir. Only resolution choice is 1024x768. Even "Best For Display" and maximizing the window makes no difference.

EDIT: Mysteriously it started to work today after I left it in "Best For Display" and started the machine in fullscreen mode.

I also did upgrade from Maverick to Yosemite. All works like charm. But if you want speed up it you have to replace the Dock.app Yosemite with the Mavericks Dock.app. The file is located under System> Library> CoreServices. The new Dock Yosemite is very heavy on the HW, you'll see that after this replace Yosemite will be much faster then before. Like Mavericks  :D

I also did upgrade from Maverick to Yosemite. All works like charm. But if you want speed up it you have to replace the Dock.app Yosemite with the Mavericks Dock.app. The file is located under System> Library> CoreServices. The new Dock Yosemite is very heavy on the HW, you'll see that after this replace Yosemite will be much faster then before. Like Mavericks  :D

Can you provide link for mavericks Dock.app?

• 4 weeks later...