nForce OS X Yosemite (10.10) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

112 posts in this topic

I suspect the Dell XPS630i BIOS limitations could be at the root of your booting issues.

Have you considered installing a PCI-E 1X SATA 3.0 6Gb/s eSATA Adapter Card with the ASM1061chipset to bypass the BIOS booting issues?

• 3 weeks later...

If you are now interested in running OS X El Capitan on an nForce chipset and Intel CPU MOBO, then see nForce OS X El Capitan (10.11) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Verdant I PM'd you the other day. Thanks for getting back to me, Ive posted here as requested, so other members can see that I have a working hackintosh. I compiled and patched my own DSDT, that allowed me to finish my installation.

Just to let you now I have My N680i sli board running in Yosemite 10.5.5.

I had an issue with the Graphics card ASUS 750ti, black screen on HDMI and DVI, though it runs on VGA. I used nvidia web driver specific to my board version. ON display properties there is now 1920 x 1080 x32, which is my native screen. I can choose 1600 x 1200, which is ok. I have set up my boot.plist with <string>1920x1080x32</string> etc. It boots in that resolution, but on the desktop it reverts back to 1600 x 1200. Is there a work around for this?

Also my sound alc 885 looks like a task to install (maybe at a later date I will accomplish this) for now I have just plugged in a 7.1 usb sound card.

Also QE/Ci is enabled.

Also Im running a QX6850 4 core CPU OC'd at 3.6GHZ, and 1066 ram 8GB. Temps stable at  around 50'c  on all cores.

So good news really except for the resolution, which is not too bad ( it would be great to get 1920 x 1080)  and the sound, but I can live with the 7.1 Usb Card.

Also a massive thanks to you for your guide!! :thumbsup_anim:

The hackintosh flies along!!

I have tried switchresx- the 1080p doesn't fit the screen correctly. so 1600 x 1200 it is.

Hi kingafrica

Glad my guide was of use and that you have got your N680i sli board running in Yosemite 10.10.5. :)

3.6GHz a very decent OC and having 8GB RAM running at 1066 MHz is nice :D

Have you got a GFX0 patch for your ASUS 750ti and HDEF patch in your DSDT.aml file?

Check out AppleALC kext for use with HDEF patch and ALC885 codec.

BTW have you got a signature detailing your system (see mine as an example)?

Hi Verdant, I don't have GFX0 patch for my ASUS 750ti and HDEF patch in my DSDT.aml file. It's a little over my head for me?!

I checked the ALC stuff too, not really sure what i need to do.  I'll have to do some more research, stuck on this one.

I did manage to pull out the info.plist of my audio card via the link you sent me. 

post-105007-0-41061000-1474480351_thumb.png

You add the AppleALC.kext to /S/L/E and leave the AppleHDA.kext untouched but remove any other non-Apple audio kext if you added it to /S/L/E, then reset /S/L/E ownership and permissions.

You also need a HDEF patch for ALC885, so run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for your "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file and your DSDT.aml file....

Hi kingafrica

Your DSDT already has an ALC885 HDEF patch in it?  How have you being trying to get audio working? Have you been following a specific IM guide etc.? If so, let me have the link to check it out.

What is your nForce MOBO brand and model?

Are you using a Chameleon, or a Chameleon Enoch bootloader?

Also let me have your original unpatched DSDT.aml file to compare with the patched version you posted above and also a lspci -nn output as a text file, using 

lspci V1.1.pkg.zip

I have added a GFX0 patch to your DSDT.aml.

DSDT with GFX0 patch.zip

Let me know if it makes a difference with GraphicsEnabler=No when using Chameleon (and no graphics injection if using Clover?)

Hi Verdant, thanks for getting back to me. I actually downloaded a n680i DSDT as a temporary measure and I thought I had replaced it with my DSDT.  I hadn't!  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/246639-dsdt-nforce-680i-dsdt-development/?p=1638883I deleted my original DSTD on my PC. I'll compile another one.

Thanks for the file :) I'll be back shortly

What is your n680i MOBO brand and model number?

Strange that lspci is not working for you as it works for many in  64bit mode........try installing running lspci.pkg when booted in safe mode (-x boot flag).....

• 4 months later...