nForce OS X Yosemite (10.10) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

112 posts in this topic

Hi, verdant!

I hope you don't mind me being lazy but I've got a question for you, quite specific: is there a way to use our mobo's soundcard to have 5.1 audio? And is it possible to get the audio input working? To use a microphone and to be able to use Skype and others? It's just that for now, apart some ocasional KP with VoodooHDA and IOAudioFamily on boot, the machine is running smoothly! :)

Thanks! :)

Does your mobo have outputs for 5.1? If so you just have to make an aggregate device in audio midi setup and set the outputs to the correct ones for your speakers. Alternatively, you could use HDMI if your gpu has an output for it and your speakers support it.

As for voodoohda kernel panics, you need to delete applehda.kext or (better solution) use applehdadisabler.kext.

Hi Fred,

Re problems with VoodooHDA.........and for multi-channel setting up of VoodooHDA AD1988B 7.1, see here........ :)

• 3 weeks later...

i would just like to say thanks for the great guide! i installed on an Asus P5NT-WS Mobo, i had to edit the kexts for the network card and voodoo, changed something like msi to false (i think it was something like that!) as the netcard wouldn't get an appropriate ip and the audio would play for 4 secs then stop, other than that, everything works just great! also not using a dsdt as i couldn't find one! so thanks again for all your hard work in creating such a tutorial!

@ feartech

Glad my nForce OS X Yosemite install guide has worked well for you....... :)

Your MOBO has a nForce 680i chipset and Marvell 88E1116 PHY LAN chipset and ALC888 audio codec I believe, .....see Mirone's AppleHDA for Yosemite topic for ALC888 if VoodooHDA is not working well enough for you......

So while an Asus 680i DSDT file may work for you, it is better to extract your own DSDT.aml file.....let me know if you need help with your DSDT.aml file for your MOBO....

If so, Install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, and let me know what version of IORegistryExplorer you used, and also extract your DSDT using Windows 7 via Aida64 (Engineer or Business versions) using Tools > ACPI Browser > Save DSDT, or  via ReadWrite Utility using Access > ACPI Tables > DSDT, and then save as a binary file (.bin)....or use a Ubuntu Live CD (Ubuntu 11.xx and later):

plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

and the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools.....

@ feartech

What is your graphics card brand / model number and video RAM?

You have sent me your dsdt.aml, so I will clean and set it up for OS X for you.....:)

Hi There,

Your DSDT is cleaned and patched for DTGP, RTC, TIMR, and IPIC. Do you want it patched for LPCB and GFX0 too?

Here is your DSDT.aml file to put in / or in /Extra: Patched DSDT DTGP RTC TIMR IPIC LPCB GFX0 .zip

Try with 

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

and for power management

Modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist by adding:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E

and let me know if everything works.....

hi!

thanks for the attachment, but it won't allow me to download, says  i don't have permission to download? although i am logged in, (hence being able to write this!) are you able to email it to me lee@feartech.co.uk? thanks in advanced

works now! thanks will try and let you know

many many thanks!

@ gils83

As your MOBO uses a AMD Socket AM2 supporting Athlon64 FX/X2 and Sempron processors, i.e. AMD K10 family....you can get another Athlon 64 x2 CPU for around about 30 Euros or less on eBay....:)

@ gils83

As your MOBO uses a AMD Socket AM2 supporting Athlon64 FX/X2 and Sempron processors, i.e. AMD K10 family....you can get another Athlon 64 x2 CPU for around about 30 Euros or less on eBay.... :)

yes indeed, I have an Athlon x2 4400+ and Sempron LE-1250, I always asked myself if it supported the Phenom x2 550?
it really is a good sturdy board, it's a very long time that has :)

@ Gils 

The Phenom x2 550 fits a AM2+ socket and my understanding (but please check yourself) is that AM2 processors will work on AM2+ motherboards and AM2+ processors will work on AM2 motherboards, but the operation of AM2+ processors on AM2 motherboards will be limited to the specifications of Socket AM2. Also AM2+ CPUs and motherboards are designed to use DDR2 RAM exclusively.

It is also reported

AM2 boards work fine with AM2+/AM3 processors if the manufacturer has an updated BIOS to support the new architecture. I personally ran a Phenom II X4 AM3 processor on my old AM2 board for a while before upgrading. I've never heard of an AM2 board hurting an AM2+/AM3 processor.

so you can continue to use your AM2 MOBO.....:)

• Like 1

:thumbsup_anim:

http://msi-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=79123&pageNo=14

I ordered a Phenom X2 555 80 w !! mosfet is  :fiery:    (39 €)   :D

@ Gils 

The Phenom x2 550 fits a AM2+ socket and my understanding (but please check yourself) is that AM2 processors will work on AM2+ motherboards and AM2+ processors will work on AM2 motherboards, but the operation of AM2+ processors on AM2 motherboards will be limited to the specifications of Socket AM2. Also AM2+ CPUs and motherboards are designed to use DDR2 RAM exclusively.

It is also reported

so you can continue to use your AM2 MOBO..... :)

Phenom II (no thuban) supported DDR2 and DDR3 ;)

@ gils83

Hope all goes well with the Phenom X2 555 in your nForce AMD MOBO.......:)

hiya

sorry for late reply, had friends over and have only just set this bad boy up!

the dsdt worked great! thank you so much for your help. only had an issue with nvenabler64.kext which i haven't been able to sort out, just get panic attack! do i need this kext as things seem to work with out it? i get a system halted just after it tells me the cpu info

but anyways, thank again for your help!

@ feartech

Glad the DSDT is working 100% for you...... :)

With a GFX0 patched DSDT, you do not need any nVidia injector kext, e.g. nvenabler64.kext. You need only:

AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext

nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext

AppleRTC.Yosemite.Patched.kext

and a VoodooHDA.kext, if you are not planning to use a patched AppleHDA.kext and DSDT patch for ALC888 from Mirone's AppleHDA for Yosemite topic.

Also, if you want to use SMC Monitor and/or SMC_Stat_i, then you need (both apps together with the required FakeSMC.kext are in my "verdant_Yosemite_Support_Files_v1.0"):

ACPIMonitor.kext

IntelCPUMonitor.kext
IntelThermal.kext
NVClockX.kext
SuperIOFamily.kext

@verdant ,

bonne année !!  :) 

j'ai une carte mère MS 7255 / 775 à chipset VIA sans support AHCI , penses tu qu'elle peut fonctionner sous OS X ? 

Merci . :) 

http://www.comx-computers.co.za/computer-store-specifications.php?products=10685

happy new year !! :)

I have a motherboard MS 7255/775 VIA chipset without AHCI support, do you think it can work under OS X?

Thank you. :)

@ gils83

As I want to keep this topic clean, i.e. only for Yosemite on nForce chipset MOBOs with primarily Intel CPUs, I have PM'd you about your VIA chipset MOBO.

• Like 1

Hi verdant

Thanks so much for putting this guide together!

I'm experiencing a black screen before I can get to the graphical portion of the installation. My system is as follows:

Xeon E5450 (using socket 771 mod)

Asus p5ne-SLI (no DSDT file)

Nvidia 9600gt 512mb (inno3d)

I've tried graphics enabler Yes and No, and I tried putting the nvenabler 64.kext into S/L/E on my installer. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for all your help!

@ jthrilly

I take it then that you have not had an earlier version OS X installed and running on your Asus p5ne-SLI before. 

NVEnabler64 may not be working with Yosemite, but when you installed it, you should have set GraphicsEnabkler=No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and did you also reset the kext ownership and permissions for /System/Library/Extensions and delete the kernelcache etc. as explained in my guide?

See here for graphics enabling methods.....note the methods are mutually exclusive.

When setting up the USB flash drive installer, you can rename all the GeForce*.kexts to GeForce*.kext_DoNotUseYet via the Terminal; e.g.

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo mv GeForce.kext GeForce.kext_DoNotUseYet

and so on, and likewise rename all the NVDA*.kexts to NVDA*.kext_DoNotUseYet

sudo mv NVDANV50HalTesla.kext NVDANV50HalTesla.kext_DoNotUseYet

and so on. This should enable you to run in simple VESA mode and so install OS X Yosemite, i.e. with all NVDA* and GeForce* kexts temporarily renamed in /S/L/E and once you confirm that it is running 100% OK apart from the graphics side, then graphics can be sorted out via a patched DSDT.aml file hopefully and these all the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts renamed back to the original names.

Hence, install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, and let me know what version of IORegistryExplorer you used, and also extract your original DSDT.aml file off the Asus p5ne-SLI PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 11.xx and later.

The extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

Alternatively, extract your DSDT off the Asus p5ne-SLI using Windows 7 via Aida64 (Engineer or Business versions) using Tools > ACPI Browser > Save DSDT, or  via ReadWrite Utility using Access > ACPI Tables > DSDT, and then save as a binary file (.bin)....send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm asking for a pointer. Using your method I wanted to try and install it on a OEM-Mainboard with 630i chipset (so no DSDT), Geforce G100 and Intel Pentium E5300.
Chameleon isn't booting at all and using Clover I can get into the installation screen. But then the attached mouse and keyboard won't work, even using PS2 kext and attaching PS2 devices will not let me do anything.

All of this while booting the installer from a USB flash drive, I assumed USB should be working.

Can you give me a pointer on what to fix?