Nvidia GeForce Gt430 Yosemite?

mpalomba3

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I've gotten my hack up and running but I just don't have graphics. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce Gt430 1GB. I tried using a guide for getting it to work on Yosemite dp 1 but it didn't work. I have tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've gotten my hack up and running but I just don't have graphics. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce Gt430 1GB. I tried using a guide for getting it to work on Yosemite dp 1 but it didn't work. I have tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1

yep. i have a problem with the card too :( i can only boot in safe mode with nv_disable=1.... 

Same problems with GT 440.

I managed to install and run 10.10 only with nv_disable=1.

When I replaced GT 440 with GT 610 the problem has gone without any other configuration change on installed system.

I also tried to install drivers from nvidia with nvda_drv=1 - it does not work too.

GT 440 works at 10.9.1 natively.

You can try my method of replacing the NVDA kexts in 10.10 final release with the ones from 10.10 DP1

There seems to be an issue with the NVDA drivers that was affecting my GT 640 it may be the same case with your card.

See post #10 @ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301812-you-shut-down-your-computer-you-restarted-your-computer-because-of-a-problem/?do=findComment&comment=2074327

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does it work when you boot with "nv_disable=1" ?

Yes, it will boot with "nv_disable=1" but there is no graphics acceleration, the resolution is wrong, and the graphics are extremely laggy, it almost makes the computer unusable. I have cuda installed and have tried with and without the web drivers but it didn't work.

Yes, it will boot with "nv_disable=1" but there is no graphics acceleration, the resolution is wrong, and the graphics are extremely laggy, it almost makes the computer unusable. I have cuda installed and have tried with and without the web drivers but it didn't work.

Have you tried to add your Systemboard ID from SMBios into AppleGraphicsControl.Kext, rebuild cache and boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and boot cache disabled ?

Are you sure that: Systemboard ID was correct, cache was rebuilt and so on...?