Handsoff & AirDrop

Verdinate

39 posts in this topic

Well…..it actually did change from Beta. My Asus combo card (a broadcom a/b/g/n/ac + BT 4 Le card) worked fine in the DPs and was then blocked in the final DP and the release (and swapping kexts from the DP cannot re-activate). So yes, this is precisely what Apple have done. As well of course as specifically excluding certain Mac models  - which otherwise would work with their built in cards - from functioning by including a blacklist of Macs (!) within the IOBluetoothfamily.kext (you can read more about that here if you want: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1803192). I know this because to get my own Mac working I had to remove the blocked MacBookAir4,2 id from the kext….

Can we use Clover to patch the kext on the fly?

Just an update. The card I bought on eBay works perfectly in OS X 10.10. In case someone else is thinking of doing the same. Bluetooth and WiFi are natively supported, no block, or issues.

That's good to hear, this is second week I'm waiting for it to arrive from China :( .  I see you using MacPro3,1 smbios like me, these makes white list theory invalid.

Can we use Clover to patch the kext on the fly?

yes, if you know how to make the patch. Depending on your configuration you might be better off just using a different SMBios though.

I wish I would have at least gotten an honorable mention or something in that guide... I was the one who did the original patch. http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19344855&postcount=118 but whatever. I'm just glad people are still able to find workarounds for this stuff so that's the most important thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This guy here for the card, and here for the PCI-E adapter.

I bought the 2 items however after installed the computer cannot boot into OS.

After the BIOS screen it restarted again into a loop.

I had connected the USB cable into a USB header.

Or, is there any setting (which I don't think so)  that I have to set on the motherboard or bios?

I am trying to get a replacement from the seller.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 2 items however after installed the computer cannot boot into OS.

After the BIOS screen it restarted again into a loop.

I had connected the USB cable into a USB header.

Or, is there any setting (which I don't think so)  that I have to set on the motherboard or bios?

I am trying to get a replacement from the seller.

Any update? Sorry this happened to you, but as far as I know this should be plug and play. For me it worked OOB with the exception of my Windows partition, which required a driver for bluetooth.

Glad that these two parts do indeed work. However, I had to sign out to get Handoff to work, and now I can't sign back in to iMessage without getting the Customer Code >.< .

I ordered the two items too and now I'm afraid this will happen to me as well :/

Is it necessary to sign out or is there another trick? I don't want to break iMessage again after I just got it fixed by calling Apple....

I ordered the two items too and now I'm afraid this will happen to me as well :/

Is it necessary to sign out or is there another trick? I don't want to break iMessage again after I just got it fixed by calling Apple....

Even though you don't sign out, it will sign out by itself. Just don't know when. 

BTW, you will have to log out and in again to get handoff/continuity working with iOS devices.

Even though you don't sign out, it will sign out by itself. Just don't know when. 

BTW, you will have to log out and in again to get handoff/continuity working with iOS devices.

This ^

From my understanding there is no way to get iMessage up and working without it failing soon after unless you clone the ROM & MLB from a real Mac.

cloning doesnt work anymore for now.

********update**********

There are some posts saying their messages on hack started working again. so maybe it's good time to try it right now if anyone needs to log off and log back on again.

There is more detail in the MLB thread, but cloning does work, and it may have failed at one point for some, but not all. It can also be dangerous as some pointed out that the Mac they cloned values from were no longer working. There was also a theory that rom and mlb are being tagged to UUID now, so the second device that tries loggin on with same MLB/ROM would fail authorization. If anyone does get their iMessages working on their hack, with the amount of changes and checks that Apple is putting in place, it likely won't work for long.

• 4 months later...

Guys my adapter is BCM94331CSAX using with the adapter mention here in the post. for BT I have connected the PWR however I have only WIFI and not BT,

I checked this model in WIKI and it says that this model come with WIFI+BT

I did not connected the antenna because the cable head is larger than the connector on the module.

Can you please confirm this model can work both wifi and BT? Or what else I need to perform?

Thanks