Vanilla update to Yosemite with Clover bootloader

@ROBASEFR

11 posts in this topic

Want to share my personnel update experience from Mavericks to Yosemite like on a real MAC !

Vanilla update for Hackintosh from Mavericks To Yosemite like on a real MAC

How to update from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10. With Clover bootloader 2K r 2953.

1. Download official "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" and leave it in your Applications folder
2. Update your disk OS X 10.9.5 to Clover boot loader r2953 ( if you aren’t already ! )
3. Copy your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder and past and rename it 10.10
4. Update kexts in 10.10 folder if needed specially for Yosemite
5. Launch « Installer OS X Yosemite.app » on OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks disk
6. On reboot chose in Clover BOOTMENU « Boot OS X Install from « your disk name »
7. This will install and update your 10.9.5 disk to Yosemite and reboot once to finish
8. Reboot and Voila your in Yosemite  procedure like on a real MAC !!

N.B I experienced already the same thing all along the updates from Yosemite DP1 to DP8 the last months via App store updating !

I hope this is not only working on my rig !

:drool:

Thanks for reporting here your own experiences

• Like 1

Yes  sorry about this and of coarse I thought about it, but i couldn't resolve where to communicate this important finding on the best place !

You can help me to chose one ?

Best greatings

@robasefr

OK, I see  You chose one already !

Edited by @ROBASEFR
  • Like 1

Followed all of this. All is fine. However, when I put my machine to sleep, the display and keyboard will not wake up. The system comes back on via my magic mouse but that is it. Not sure what to set in Clover. I have tried darkwake=0, I have tried, ClockID=False, USBfix, etc. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Followed all of this. All is fine. However, when I put my machine to sleep, the display and keyboard will not wake up. The system comes back on via my magic mouse but that is it. Not sure what to set in Clover. I have tried darkwake=0, I have tried, ClockID=False, USBfix, etc. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Try injecting your System ID in your config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER folder. See if you have the following. Replace the XXXX with your own System UUID:

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>
<key>CustomUUID</key>
<string>XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX</string>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Try injecting your System ID in your config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER folder. See if you have the following. Replace the XXXX with your own System UUID:

@fehhkk,

Thanks for your help. I did try the System ID but it did not help. The system goes to sleep, comes back on immediately with no keyboard or display.

About my system:

I have a DELL XPS8300 core i7. Which everything in the system is natively supported by Yosemite. I am using an actual Apple Broadcom wifi/bluetooth adapter from http://www.osxwifi.com/, magic mouse, and nvidia GTX 770. I am running the system as an iMac 14,2.

Hey, I followed these steps, but when I install (using -x) I get stuck at "waiting for DSMOS"

I understand this means FakeSMC.kext is missing, but I put 10.10 folder with the newest version of the kext so not sure why it may not be working. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey, I followed these steps, but when I install (using -x) I get stuck at "waiting for DSMOS"

I understand this means FakeSMC.kext is missing, but I put 10.10 folder with the newest version of the kext so not sure why it may not be working. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

Did you verify if in the config.plist every thing is ok, ( bootdisk ; Kext inject = true  ?

It could be necessary in some cases to install FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E in the beginning

If you boot with -v what does that say ?

Good luck

@robasefr

Here is my config.plist

Not totally sure what exactly to look for.

I'll try with -v now and see what happens.

my board is GAb85M-D3h no dtst required if that helps any.

When booted with -v or normally I get past black apple logo with loading bar to a white screen with spinning beach ball. Stays there and doesn't go past.

I looked at your config.plist

I suggest that you make active in Boot:

kext-dev-mode=1

IgnoreNVRAMBoot=YES

Legacy=LegacyBiosDefault

Where is your EFI folder ?

in hidden Volumes/EFI or on  /

Because you have in GUI/Hide/1/BOOTX64.EFI

If your EFI folder is in hidden Volumes/EFI this should be  \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

Good luck