Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

ok i puted kexts files on /library/system/extension then i used kext wizard to repair permission on my USB stick.

but unfortunalty, still no result. PCIconfibegin..

ASUS sucks hahaha (I have an ASUS motherboard)

Both of my Testing boards are Asus and no issues here. Why do people blame the hardware and not themselves? 

My system works perfectly but I have the X79 platform. I think that in this time it is possible that the problem is the hardware because the people with X99 gigabyte told me that all works great.

My system works perfectly but I have the X79 platform. I think that in this time it is possible that the problem is the hardware because the people with X99 gigabyte told me that all works great.

All x99 boards have the same issues. Trying to address the booting on the and we know all the issues. But when it comes to installing its not that bad. 

Note to everyone... Don't buy bleeding edge tech is your not willing to live with the issues it will have.

All x99 boards have the same issues. Trying to address the booting on the and we know all the issues. But when it comes to installing its not that bad. 

Note to everyone... Don't buy bleeding edge tech is your not willing to live with the issues it will have.

Until Apple does officially support the x99 I do not think changing my 3960X works perfect

• Like 1

Until Apple does officially support the x99 I do not think changing my 3960X works perfect

Seriously, apart from the difficulty with yosemite (hope temporary), my x99 system works perfectly on mavericks! Cubase is very happy to have 16 threads & 34000 of bench :)

-Patch kernel (thanks Stinga)

-Sound, (thanks Andrew for your Patch)

-Usb3

-OC (4,3ghz),

-Thunderbolt 2ports, (Uad apollo, externHD, Blackmagic are operational)

-the cpu idle works 1.2 to 4.3(thanks Andrew for your SSDT)

-Webdrive activated (120 fps cinebench with GTX770)

-zero freezes.

-it ON night & day

I do not regret having sold my x79

oh yes? imessage doesn't work ;-)

Use clover and creates a folder called 10.10 into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder and inside this folder copy FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext (modify the VoodooTSCSync.kext with the OP instructions).

• Like 1

Use clover and creates a folder called 10.10 into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder and inside this folder copy FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext (modify the VoodooTSCSync.kext with the OP instructions).

I'm making a cloverboot..

and there is no command to patch the kernel? or we can drag & drop it in clover ? if yes, where?  (sorry i don't know really well clover..)

I'm making a cloverboot..

and there is no command to patch the kernel? or we can drag & drop it in clover ? if yes, where?  (sorry i don't know really well clover..)

I had the same question. 

There is no kernel folder on Clover created USB drive. 

Props Guys! Works great!

One question anyone using VMware Fusion or Parallels?  Both products on my gigabyte X99 OS X 10.10 run VM's really slow!  Cant even install windows.  I am assuming it is due to the kernel patch. Also assuming there won't be a fix till Apple Native CPU support. Looking for ideas or suggestions.

Props Guys! Works great!

One question anyone using VMware Fusion or Parallels?  Both products on my gigabyte X99 OS X 10.10 run VM's really slow!  Cant even install windows.  I am assuming it is due to the kernel patch. Also assuming there won't be a fix till Apple Native CPU support. Looking for ideas or suggestions.

Does Vmware ESXI run on our platform?

Props Guys! Works great!

verifies that you have the virtualization on in your BIOS

I have done this.  Tried with VT-d enabled and disabled no difference.  Best I can assume is the patched kernel to run haswell code on hassle-e is the cause.  

do exactly what this guy says except cpus=1; don't add voodoo or any other extension during the install.

do exactly what this guy says except cpus=1; don't add voodoo or any other extension during the install.

I'm not sure you understand my problem.  I have a perfectly running X99 5930k Yosemite install.  I do dev work.  I need to run windows using either parallels or vmware fusion.  Both run the VM so slow that I cannot get windows to finish installing.  On my X79 system everything works great. I am just looking for confirmation that its the patched kernel that is causing the slow VM performance. Does anyone here have a X99 with either parallels or fusion running properly?