Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

try again. I downloaded and it worked.

Guess it's just me then. It says I don't have permission for the first one but the second one works. I don't have a 5960X anyway, I was just curious to check it out. Are these the 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts?

I changed the first link

Ch*** i can't help you, no chamelon boot loader and no other real mac with yosemite

If it works, I'll find a way that everyone can use. But for now is limited.

All kexts should be installed in S/L/E?

Should I remove matching kexts from /Extra?

Yes, remove the fakesmc and voodootsc from extra and copy my all kexts on /System/Library?Extensions

Ch*** i can't help you, no chamelon boot loader and no other real mac with yosemite

If you have another drive you should be able to do it from mavericks. Just put the kexts in sle on the Yosemite drive and then open up the command in the second link with textwrangler or something and change all the paths to the ones on your Yosemite drive.

If you have another drive you should be able to do it from mavericks. Just put the kexts in sle on the Yosemite drive and then open up the command in the second link with textwrangler or something and change all the paths to the ones on your Yosemite drive.

The problem is that these kexts are one of the first to start and if you do not have the required permissions the disc does not start. Even not let you go to user mode.

If someone has a 5960x and also has another computer, I have an idea.

1. For this test, I need the person use Chameleon as bootloader.

2. The person needs to have another computer running yosemite. must be hackintosh can not be real mac.

boot your hard drive in a computer that if work with Yosemite. Once up and change the all kexts with the kexts that are in the zip file. Once you've done that run my caches_rebuild.command when it finish turn off the machine and changes the hard drive to the computer with 5960x.

Result:

Lots of link failed for IOPCIDevice (when running kextcache) :(

E.g:

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI

com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI: Following symbols are unresolved for this kext: IOPCIDevice:setTunnelL1Enable(IOService*, bool)

Happened for AppleFWOHCI, AppleThunderboltNHI and AppleMCP89RootPortPM (for the last one, I got vtable out of date)

Result:

Lots of link failed for IOPCIDevice (when running kextcache) :(

E.g:

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI

com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI: Following symbols are unresolved for this kext: IOPCIDevice:setTunnelL1Enable(IOService*, bool)

Happened for AppleFWOHCI, AppleThunderboltNHI and AppleMCP89RootPortPM (for the last one, I got vtable out of date)

But you try restart in your 5960x hackintosh??

Well guys, for now it was my last bullet. If anyone wants test are welcome for try.

Can be made combination. Example: uses the pci kext from 10.9.5(My zip file) and uses the acpi kext from 10.10

I just had a thought. If it is indeed an issue with 40 PCI lanes, shouldn't there be something in one of the ssdts that checks for how many PCI lanes the CPU supports?

I don't know if the ssdts are part of the firmware or if they are created in memory by the CPU. If they are part of the firmware, which I'm pretty sure they are, then this could be something to look into. It would certainly explain why X79 is not having any issues with 40 lanes.

But you try restart in your 5960x hackintosh??

Well guys, for now it was my last bullet. If anyone wants test are welcome for try.

Can be made combination. Example: uses the pci kext from 10.9.5(My zip file) and uses the acpi kext from 10.10

EgrlDSx.png

PM me your Paypal. :)

I will return with more info on what works and not

And a guide when we can iron out some issues

• Like 1

EgrlDSx.png

PM me your Paypal. :)

I will return with more info on what works and not

nice! This is with both mavericks kexts? Let's see if we can find a more vanilla solution now, dsdt/ssdt edits or otf kext patching. I'll throw the mavericks and Yosemite ones into hopper and see if I can find anything.
  • Like 1

So to confirm this is first 5960x running in Yosemite. Using Asus X99-S and GTX 980.

mTGiKar.png

Bootloader is Chameleon (or well, chimera) with -v kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 npci=0x2000 and zero kext in /Extra. SMBios is MacPro 5.1.

Installed kext in /S/L/E according to stinga11 package on previous page.

I have full GPU accelleration, no network or sound (but expected without Extra kexts) I will see if I can get it working.

samtimbaud: I have not succeeded booting USB, this install I made on a Gigabyte z68 with Intel 2500k. Then I modified it according to stinga.

I agree with jamiethemorris that preferably we can work out more vanilla solution. So people can boot USB as well and updates won't mess up installs.

nice! This is with both mavericks kexts? Let's see if we can find a more vanilla solution now, dsdt/ssdt edits or otf kext patching. I'll throw the mavericks and Yosemite ones into hopper and see if I can find anything.

Netkas creates a one solution and with this solution we only replace a one kexts instead both but I need someone compile for yosemite 

I dont know anything about c++

http://netkas.org/?p=1072

So to confirm this is first 5960x running in Yosemite. Using Asus X99-S and GTX 980.

Yes, you are the first in the entire planet that can run the yosemite on 5960x

• Like 1

Netkas creates a one solution and with this solution we only replace a one kexts instead both but I need someone compile for yosemite 

I dont know anything about c++

http://netkas.org/?p=1072

Yes, you are the first in the entire planet that can run the yosemite on 5960x

Better to take the same approach with the 10.9.5 sources... compile it for Yosemite. I can compile the kext but I don't know sh**t about c++ either, I don't know if I need to do anything besides target Yosemite.

EDIT: I'll try it when I get home... I don't feel like setting my work computer up for building right now.