HP DV7 almost perfect... help with brightness and wake up please

Bibbe

2 posts in this topic

This is my first post and I want to thank all users of the forum for their useful posts. And sorry for my english ... I'm Brazilian.

I decided to try to build a hackintosh on my HP DV7-1183cl laptop and now I have an almost perfect hackintosh. Using for one week without any freeze or kp. Not bad for a newbie.

The install was done with Mavericks 10.9.0 and now was updated to 10.9.5

I have only two problems:

1 - Brightness control works perfect with the default HP keyboard function keys but I can not adjust the brightness inside OSX.

---- There is no brightness slider in the display pref pane. I applied the PNLF patch on DSDT but did not work for me

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name (_CID, "backlight")

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_STA, 0x0B)

}

---- And my dsdt has only two methods: _BCL _BCM (they appear on devices LCD and DD03). The _BQC method does not exist on my dsdt. I do not know if that makes any difference.

2. Sleep is working when I use the "sleep" command from the menu and also when I close the laptop lid. The problem is on wake-up from sleep.

---- First, I have to press the power button twice to wake up the laptop from sleep. In the first press, the laptop quickly turns on and then turns off. With the second press the laptop wake up. No wake up from mouse or keyboard.

---- Second, the system loads the entire boot. So the time to wake up from sleep is the same as the normal boot. I think this is not right. The wake-up from sleep should be much faster than normal boot.

Just to be clear, the native power management is working fine with AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement kext and I can see the frequencies changing with Hardware Monitor app. The NullCpuPowerManagement kext was deleted.

I am sending attached all my config files.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me solve these two small problems.

Hardware specs: HP DV7-1183cl - CPU Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz - Motherboard Compal 30F4 - Chipset Intel PM45 + ICH9M - RAM 4 GB - HD 2 x 500 GB - GPU Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 512MB - Wlan Atheros AR5B91 - Ethernet Realtek RTL8168C - Audio IDT 92HD71B7 - OS X 10.9.5

dv7_DSDT.aml.zip

dv7_ioreg.zip

dv7_org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

dv7_smbios.plist.zip