Do I need to compile an SSDT file and use it?

davidcmc

4 posts in this topic

My motherboard is a GigaByte H67MA-USB3-B3 and the CPU is an Intel Core i5 2400 (Sandy Bridge).

I'm using a DSDT file, since it's available in another site and looks necessary for the motherboard and the CPU.

However, I've read that the SSDT helps managing some power states of the CPU.

Do I need to use an specific patched SSDT file for my CPU and motherboard?

Also, does using a DSDT file turn NullCPUPowerManagement.kext unecessary?

I know there are some tools (like Vietnam) that can patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to avoid kernel panics and makes the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext unecessary. Do I need to use the DSDT file and also patch the AICPManagement.kext or is just the DSDT enough?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

You should generate a custom SSDT for proper SpeedStep and native power management.

Your DSDT also talks about the processor but is more like a big general description of all your devices.

Your SSDTs talk about the different devices in your build.

A laptop can have 12 SSDTs for example, and even keeping the CPU ones is recommendable, but one has to generate a custom one for the processor.

So what you have to do is not use ACPI tables you find online.

I need to tell you that your best bet would be dumping the ACPI tables. If you use Clover, press F4 at drive selection. You can also use a linuxlive cd to get the DSDT and SSDTs from your computer.

Once you do that correct them, patch them as necessary for all to work and verify it works. You also have to choose a proper SMBIOS for your processor and hardware (you need to emulate an iMac or Mac Pro that has your processor) .

Then you will generate a custom SSDT for Sandy Bridge running the script that can be found:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

And you will put the generated SSDT along with the DSDT and rest of SSDTs so the boot loader can inject them (Clover is recommended, much more reliable than Chamelon)

Then you will be able to delete NullCPU power management and go around life without patching important system kexts!

Then your Hackintosh will be a happy one! Without unnecessary overheating and thermal paste consumption! hahahah

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You should generate a custom SSDT for proper SpeedStep and native power management.

Your DSDT also talks about the processor but is more like a big general description of all your devices.

Your SSDTs talk about the different devices in your build.

A laptop can have 12 SSDTs for example, and even keeping the CPU ones is recommendable, but one has to generate a custom one for the processor.

So what you have to do is not use ACPI tables you find online.

I need to tell you that your best bet would be dumping the ACPI tables. If you use Clover, press F4 at drive selection. You can also use a linuxlive cd to get the DSDT and SSDTs from your computer.

Once you do that correct them, patch them as necessary for all to work and verify it works. You also have to choose a proper SMBIOS for your processor and hardware (you need to emulate an iMac or Mac Pro that has your processor) .

Then you will generate a custom SSDT for Sandy Bridge running the script that can be found:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

And you will put the generated SSDT along with the DSDT and rest of SSDTs so the boot loader can inject them (Clover is recommended, much more reliable than Chamelon)

Then you will be able to delete NullCPU power management and go around life without patching important system kexts!

Then your Hackintosh will be a happy one! Without unnecessary overheating and thermal paste consumption! hahahah

Once I installed with the best SMBios (like iMac 17,2 ), and get the SSDT, what should I do with he rest SSDT and DSDT? Thanks.... 

And People are talking about ACPI tables, is it a section inside DSDT?