VMWare Mavericks Issue: Sound Cracky

2 posts in this topic

Hello community,

since two days now I am enjoying my almost perfectly smooth working OS X Mavericks running on a virtual machine with 4GB RAM and 2x3,bla GHz, also I have a very very nice soundcard built into my PC but in iTunes when I play a song sometimes the track becomes a bit "cracky" like an old vinyl on dads turntable - only a bit - and in GarageBand and Logic Pro X this becomes a very big problem: the sound is so cracky that you can barely tell which instrument is sampled here.

A very bad problem as I planned to mess a bit around with the music production suites for Mac. It is completely useless now for me but I think this could be fixed easy as my PC is very professional equipped.

Logic pro X also reported that something with my midi output or so is wrong but I do not think that this problem is connected to mine.

What can I do?

Are there already some solution which should work for me or fit my problem description? (I did not found anything which fit on my problems description yet)

I believe in this community.

-Using: Mavericks 10.9 / 64-bit @ VMWare 10.0.1 - everything worked smooth until now.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I found that reducing the volume in the OS X guest (to just above minimum) and raising the volume in host OS eliminates most of the crackling. Whenever sound starts playing, you will still hear a bit of crackling, but this is unfixable as far as I know.