Yosemite on line in a few minuts...

Derty

30 posts in this topic

Are we still preparing the USB installer as before placing the BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist onto the root of the USB flash drive?  I don't know if this method has stopped somewhere along the way with the Beta and DP builds but I have done this all the way up to Beta 6.  Just don't know if it was still needed then or not and if its needed now?

Thanks

Initially stuck on 21 minutes for like 5 minutes but moving along now.  I am updating from Beta 6 for now maybe that why it was slow to start?  Everything is working fine had to re-patch the AppleHDA.kext, with bcc9 patcher then swap out layout and platfrom and modify plist in AppleHardwareConfigDriver.  All seems fine so far.

Ok it took that long because my install method was the manual way so I had to place those two files on the root of the USB.  I used a script this time and the install went smooth the 3rd time.  I ran disk util on the 2nd install and somehow landed on a Recovery Window and used that installer.  Started over and got the normal install screen.  It took 16 minutes with USB 3.