iPad Mini 3 - With Touch ID

16GB - US$ 399

Posted Image

iPad Air 2 - 18% Thinner - 6.1mm thin - 0.96 Pound

With TouchID too.

Posted Image

The new Mac mini

Posted Image

Intel Core i5 dual core 1,4 GHz, 4GB RAM, HDD 500GB and Intel Graphics 5000 - $499

Intel Core i5 dual core 2,6 GHz, 8GB RAM, HDD 1TB and Intel Iris Graphics - $699 *

Intel Core i5 2,8 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB and Intel Iris Graphics - $999 *

* Configurable to 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 4MB on-chip shared L3 cache.

New iMac with 5k display. Awesome!!

Posted Image

TechSpecs:

Intel Core i5 quad-core 3,5 GHz, or Core i7 quad-core 4 GHz.

AMD Radeon R9 M290X (or M295X).

8 GB RAM (or 32 GB).

Fusion Drive 1 TB (or 3 TB).

2 Thunderbolt 2 ports, 20 Gbps;

And Wi-Fi 802.11ac.

Click here to view the article

• Like 1

That means the R9 290X/295X becomes the hi-end buying choice for hi-end hacks...

Hi-end laptop hacks precisely ;)

AFAIK currently there's no R9 M295X laptop on the market, so iMac would be first launch of this GPU. Device ID in drivers exists since 1st Yose DP, so they worked on it for some time.

R9 M290 is just 7870 dressed in different clothes. Its BIOS is even editable in VBE 7 :)

Unless the article is inaccurate, the R9 290X - not the less powerful 290 - is listed as one of the new GPUs. I thought it was AMD's flagship to date. I have no doubts it would be the mobile version of it, in line with previous iterations of the iMac, but anyway.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/10/apple-updates-desktop-imac-line-with-5k-retina-displays/

Unless the article is inaccurate, the R9 290X - not the less powerful 290 - is listed as one of the new GPUs. I thought it was AMD's flagship to date. I have no doubts it would be the mobile version of it, in line with previous iterations of the iMac, but anyway.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/10/apple-updates-desktop-imac-line-with-5k-retina-displays/

Yeah, missed the "X". But if you'll look at specs, it's still apparently the good old Pitcairn chip (most likely the newer Curacao revision): http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R9-M290X.108643.0.html

So more or less 7870 :)

P.S. Mini CPU is soldered since 2009 model, in current rev seems they soldered the RAM as well (jugding by LPDDR in specs).

no point of casual hackintosh with this new mac mini price. Very good lineup from Apple.

500+ bucks for a Mac pretty nice good job apple i feel like dancing :D

• 2 weeks later...

iWant a nice mac for under $1000 CAD before tax.