MAC OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and Virtual Box 4.3.18 Critical Errors

brad0150

1 post in this topic

Hi guys,

I am trying to install MAC OSX Snow leopard 10.6 (using the following iso image: 10.6.2 SSE 2/SSE 3 by HAZARD) onto virtual box on my Windows 8 64bit laptop. Much to no avail, the installation completes successfully but when I attempt to reboot the virtual machine I keep getting the very frustrating error

<<GURU MEDITATION: CRITICAL ERROR...THIS VIRTUAL MACHINE IS SHUTTING DOWN NOW>>

MY LAPTOP HARDWARE SPECS:

- Intel Core i3 2.5GHZ processor 64bit
- Windows 8 professional
- 6 GB of RAM
- tons of hard drive space
- Virtual Box ver. 4.3.18 release.

MY VIRTUAL MACHINE SPECS FOR MAC OSX SNOW LEOPARD

- ISO image mounted: Snow Leopard 10.6.2 SSE 2/SSE 3 by HAZARD)
- 2GB RAM
- 20GB to 40GB virtual hard drive
- Hardware virtualization is enabled (my laptop does run virtual machines as other MAC OS X versions from Lion to Yosemite work well on VMWARE 10)
- MacOSX label -- tried with either 32 bit or 64bit -- doesn't matter -- still results in Critical error.
- EFI disabled
- Tested with EFIempire loader 1.085 and I boot 3.3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

When I go to install Snow Leopard, it runs through the installation just fine but when I get to the final screen where it says Setup completed successfully with the green checkmark, when the reboot counter counts down from 30 secs, I force unmount the OS iso disc and remount the boot loader using either EFIempire or I boot 3.3. I then reset the Virtual machine and after 2 seconds in, I keep getting the GURU MEDITATION, CRITICAL ERROR...THIS VIRTUAL MACHINE IS SHUTTING DOWN. It's very frustrating and just causing a lot of headaches. I can run MAC OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and the new Yosemite OSes in VMWARE WORKSTATION 10 just fine but Snow Leopard is being a big pain!!! I also got two other errors: system config file error as shown below  after editing the vbox file and  sometimes exception errors.

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS I HAVE COMPLETED:

• Scenario 1: installed Snow Leopard and swapped with I boot 3.3 at the end of the setup process.
  • Scenario 2: installed Snow Leopard and swapped with EFIEMpire 1.085 (as this was recommended for Intel I Series processors)
  • Scenario 3: implemented the following vbox file fix and retried installation
  • <ExtraDataItem name=”VBoxInternal2/SmcDeviceKey” value=”ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal©AppleComputerInc”/>
  • RESULT: Got error during install: system config file "/com.apple.Boot.plist" not found
  • After each of the above installation methods, still kept getting the GURU MEDITATION Critical Error in Virtual Box 4.3.18 after setup completes and I do force unmount of the OS image and reboot or reboot with boot loader in.
  • Also even at startup before the Installation, when I switched from EFI Empire boot loader to the Snow Leopard ISO and when I switched from I boot boot loader to the Snow Leopard iso, I got the Critical Error messages again, before installation began.
  • In addition, when I switched from i boot boot loader to Snow Leopard, instead of giving me the title of the Snow Leopard ISO, it had a multi coloured garbled rectangular box instead as if there was something wrong with the video. This was when I pressed F5 followed by Enter key to refresh the CD Image.
  • While installing Snow Leopard 10.6.2 the Hazard edition...I also chose the Legacy Kernel but that resulted in the KERNAL PANIC.
  • Tried installing the above Snow Leopard installs with Virtual box 4.1.18 but that resulted in blank black screen with NO ACTIVITY WHATSOEVER!!!
  • Tried booting with boot loader in VERBOSE mode...couldn't understand anything on that...all cryptic.
  • I also attempted install with the IATKOS S3 ISO I FOUND OF SNOW LEOPARD...during install -- got the KERNAL PANIC right away.
  • Later MAC OS X beginning with 10.7.x and higher work but none earlier...on a very modern laptop...doesn't make any sense.

SETTINGS I HAVE ATTEMPTED VARIOUS INSTALLATIONS WITH in VIRTUAL BOX

• I tried switching between MAC OS X labels from 32 bit to 64 bit and vice-versa - same error still occurs at the end.
  • Enabled USB and attempted installation with USB enhanced disabled.
  • Tried doing the installation with Video acceleration 2D and 3D enabled and another with them disabled.
  • Disabled EFI boot
  • Had the AMD/VT setting enabled as I know my laptop runs other Virtual Machines
  • Is able to run the new Windows 10 and MAC OS X Lion to Yosemite.

After looking at the log files, i noticed they mention something about Video or graphics (I tried doing the installations with 6MB video memory and increasing it all the way to 128mb but that had little effect)...now I did do the installation with the Generic Video driver (is that right??)

I have included all 3 copies of the log files from each install scenario --- would there be anyone, who has way more expertise or experience than me with MAC OS X and Virtual Box who can look through the log file, that can direct me to an appropriate solution where I can finally get Mac OS X Snow Leopard running on my laptop in Virtual Box and resolve these annoying Critical Errors once and for all??

I mean, how is it that other people can run Snow Leopard in Virtual Box on laptops like mine and they work??? Any help or expertise in this field would be greatly wonderful. Also since Snow Leopard is older than Lion, Mountain Lion etc... how is it the later MAC OS Xes work but the older ones do not?

Also do you know if having VMWARE 10 is causing conflicts with Virtual Box?

IF someone can provide the answer I'm looking for on how to resolve this as soon as possible...please contact me via email:

dbradshaw4@icloud.com or danny.bradshaw2009@gmail.com.

Please have a look at the included Log Files and the two screenshots and identify what could be causing these Critical Errors and how I can get Snow Leopard running on Virtual Box...if there is something that I am doing wrong...please let me know!!! Based on all I've explained thus-far.

Any solution or fix to this is greatly appreciated.....please get back to me as soon as you can!!!

I greatly appreciate your help in this matter!!!

Thank you very much, Danny

post-1416893-0-13626200-1413436733_thumb.jpg

post-1416893-0-14790300-1413436735_thumb.jpg

Mac OS X - with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].txt

MAC OS X Snow Leopard with vbox file fix.txt

VBox - Mac OS X with EFI boot loader.txt