Hwsensors with Ozmosis?

archfan

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

just a quick question. How do I get the Hwsensors application to work with the Ozmosis Bootloader? Currently it only reads my SSD temperatures but I would like to see my CPU and GPU temperatures as well.

Is there a known way to fix this?

14271410.png

The version in Oz is outdated but you can put a newer version in the EFI partition since its version will be higher it will override the one in the BIOS and load in place of it. A newer one hopefully has support for your hardware sensors in it. The directory to place in is I think EFI/Oz/Extensions/Common.

I've placed the latest FakeSMC.kext with its plugins into EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common.

No luck. Boots fine but  Hwsensors still doesn't recognize my CPU or GPU.

Any ideas?

You need to check to see if your hardware chip(s) on the motherboard are supported by it.

They are. It worked with Clover because I was able to install FakeSMC and plugins there. But with Ozmosis I cannot simply replace the kexts or force it to load a newer version of it apparently.

probably the same issue i had yesterday , you'll need to bundle fakesmc with the sensors kexts in a plugin folder inside fakesmc kext and place it in the right path in common folder and reset nvram and you're good to go 

that's the one i used with my rig 

GA-Z87X-D3H

i7 4770K 

Good Luck !

FakeSMC.kext.zip

• 3 months later...

I use Oz 1479 and installed an new FakeSMC (as FakeSMC.kext and renamed to SmcEmulatorKext.kext) to EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common. FakeSMC.kext was prepared according to archfan.

But the kext is not loaded during boot. How did you manage to get your kext loaded?