• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

teachme

teachme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
OK I'm new to the hackintosh scene but been around PC's my entire life. I have an Acer d250 with the dreaded bcm4312 WiFi card in it currently running snow leopard 10.6.5 booting on its own ( no flash drive boot ) with everything working except WiFi. Now I want to make a triple boot system hackintosh,win7 and Ubuntu. Now for the questions. I heard snow leopard is the only one that will boot native with no USB stick is that correct ? I am asking because I saw that my bcm4312 card worked on other distros like mountain lion. I would change os if all my hardware worked. Next my plan of install was Mac os first then win7 then Ubuntu last hoping its grub loader would pick up the rest and boot. Any help would be appreciated.

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

jesus.

take a read on the guides, mate. you must know at least the very basic stuff. and stick with one topic. you opened 2.

teachme

teachme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

sorry bout the double post i tried to delete it but i couldn't i sent it from tapatalk and it said failed to connect to forum so i sent it again . I was basically just needing to know if snow leporad was the only one that booted straight and if my bcm4312 card worked on any mac distro. didnt mean to upset anyone. 

Pimentel

Pimentel

Universe

• Retired
  • 2,973 posts

Hello

I heard snow leopard is the only one that will boot native with no USB stick is that correct ?

No.... SL has in DVD mode... you can buy a DVD retail in AppStore... But you can use a retail image in usb stick(SL retail+bootloader+kexts)

I said to you before: Best method to your notebook is Snow Leoaprd DVD retail+nawcom ModCD

teachme

teachme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I like snow leopard but my wifi card dont work :( bcm 4312

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy