Audio: Realtek ALC1150

Network: Qualcomm Killer e2205

Case : Corsair 600t
Power : EVGA 1000w
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz
SSD Windows 8.1 : Samsung 850 PRO 
HDD Windows : 1 TB WD Enterprise Black
CPU cooling : CORSAIR H100i

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of information out there for this board. Last time i've did a hackintosh was 10.4 and 10.5 (ATI2600 were a big deal on mac) so please be patient with me..

I've installed using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Method.

Post installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Installed and working:

GTX TITAN (Used latest nvidia drivers, boot with IGP then move to PCIe after install, detects just fine, including cuda)

Ethernet (Installed the kext using kext wizard, works perfectly)

Audio...

Here is where it gets a little bit tricky... besides of having to disable a ton of "features" in the BIOS, it detects the 1150, shows that is had a line and digital output, however it does not do any sound. I do have a airplay speaker and it works fine with the hackintosh, however the sound does not work at all.

I've used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install, i've used just kext wizard with the kext and still doesn't work...

Any ideas? i've researched a few hours online and i've tried multiple things, however, no success.

On a side note, have anybody noticed that temperatures are usually a bit higher on mac vs windows? ( I would imagine since its not design for and so on, however most of my components are hardware controlled rather than software )

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Motherboard : MSI Z97 GAMING 7

Processor : Intel Core i7- 4790k

Graphics Card : 2x MSI GTX TITAN BLACK SC 

Audio: Realtek ALC1150

Network: Qualcomm Killer e2205

Case : Corsair 600t

Power : EVGA 1000w

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz

SSD Windows 8.1 : Samsung 850 PRO 

HDD Windows : 1 TB WD Enterprise Black

CPU cooling : CORSAIR H100i

It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of information out there for this board. Last time i've did a hackintosh was 10.4 and 10.5 (ATI2600 were a big deal on mac) so please be patient with me..

I've installed using the ##### Method.

Post installed with #####.

Installed and working:

GTX TITAN (Used latest nvidia drivers, boot with IGP then move to PCIe after install, detects just fine, including cuda)

Ethernet (Installed the kext using kext wizard, works perfectly)

Audio...

Here is where it gets a little bit tricky... besides of having to disable a ton of "features" in the BIOS, it detects the 1150, shows that is had a line and digital output, however it does not do any sound. I do have a airplay speaker and it works fine with the hackintosh, however the sound does not work at all.

I've used the ##### to install, i've used just kext wizard with the kext and still doesn't work...

Any ideas? i've researched a few hours online and i've tried multiple things, however, no success.

On a side note, have anybody noticed that temperatures are usually a bit higher on mac vs windows? ( I would imagine since its not design for and so on, however most of my components are hardware controlled rather than software )

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

just to answer your "side notes",the reason why OS X and windows have different temperatures on your rig is because windows has a better hardware monitoring driver than a hackintosh (it's like a native program vs. a sandboxed program).

if you have a realtek card I would try replacing the voodooHDA audio kext (forgot the name) with the appleHDA,as one of my old AMD budget notebooks had problems with voodooHDA,but not with apple's. it also had a lot of realtek cards,but that's just my two cents.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply Fabio, i've tried it last night and still has the same problem. It's completely silent. It detects, i flip thru different modes in the system preferences for the output and still nothing... I've also see that its loaded during boot mode using -v.

just to answer your "side notes",the reason why OS X and windows have different temperatures on your rig is because windows has a better hardware monitoring driver than a hackintosh (it's like a native program vs. a sandboxed program).

if you have a realtek card I would try replacing the voodooHDA audio kext (forgot the name) with the appleHDA,as one of my old AMD budget notebooks had problems with voodooHDA,but not with apple's. it also had a lot of realtek cards,but that's just my two cents.

Interesting... thats good to know... I will try today over lunch and see what happens. I will post results asap.

Thank you durpflip.

UPDATE: I've already have the AppleHDA.

installed HDAEnabler, repaired permissions and cache

Fabio

Done. Still have the same symptom. I do have a Intel audio from my 4600 HDMI. Do you think that would affect anything? Also, forgot to mention, I'm running 10.9.5

which bootloader you're using

HD4600 hdmi : https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI

Fabio

I was using multi. But i use my audio thru the audio jack and not hdmi. My audiojack is ALC1150 My hdmi i got 4600 internal and Titan as PCIe.

Should i try to reinstall the HDAEnabler and the link you sent me above again and try to use clover?

UPDATE: Used clover to boot... it gives me a kernel panic.

I was using multi. But i use my audio thru the audio jack and not hdmi. My audiojack is ALC1150 My hdmi i got 4600 internal and Titan as PCIe.

Should i try to reinstall the HDAEnabler and the link you sent me above again and try to use clover?

UPDATE: Used clover to boot... it gives me a kernel panic.

clover is problematic because it's much more optimized for UEFI-only machines.

did you try removing the voodooHDA and leaving the appleHDA?

clover is problematic because it's much more optimized for UEFI-only machines.

did you try removing the voodooHDA and leaving the appleHDA?

Yes, i had to reformat after the clover... My bios is UEFI compliant... i've been using UEFI only with windows but i've changed to legacy for the sake of being easier to install osx.

Yes, i had to reformat after the clover... My bios is UEFI compliant... i've been using UEFI only with windows but i've changed to legacy for the sake of being easier to install osx.

UEFI (imo) is only needed when you have windows 8 on a device that came with it.

but like I said it's just my two cents.

The card is supported, you can take advantage of the UEFI BIOS

Fabio

Do you think using UEFI will help with the audio? i got a USB to audio jack and it works perfectly... sadly i have a 5.1 sound... so i need the sub and others or i have to switch them every time i use the osx and windows...

can be used for both systems, with Clover will not have to update the audio

Audio Clover : https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Fabio

Thank you for all your guys help however i gave up... i've tried everything and the audio on the mac side is the only thing i cannot get it to work... so, i've bought a usb to audio that works on mac $6 bucks... and i've added a y splitter on the audio, so on windows i get 5.1 on mac i get 2.1. This should be good enough for me...

Thank you all.