Only VGA Port is working for Yosemite Install (No DVI or HDMI)

Clayts

8 posts in this topic

A bit stumped with this...

All ports work fine for bios post and for the clover menu. I boot and it looks like it is going to work (see the Apple screen) but right before the desktop is shown the port stops working (i.e. connection to monitor is lost).

Also the DVI ports work if I specify (nv_disable=1) in the Clover args but that isn't really a solution.

This card has 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and a VGA. The VGA works fine and boots into the OS with no problems.

Running PB5 and the Nvidia PB5 web driver.

Have tried a bunch of options in Clover...

- Setting display ports to 4 ports (instead of 2)
- Injecting vs. Not injecting Nvidia
- The different NVCAP values from the clover wiki (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configu...phics#DualLink)

No luck....any ideas?

Thanks for the reply.

My monitor is an Asus VS248.

Card: Asus Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB (GTX750TI-OC-2GD5)

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-D3H

CPU: i7-4770

Pulled the ROM from the card and ran NVCap Maker and it said my NVCap should be: 0400000000002300000000000000000700000000

Tried injecting that with no luck.

Here is my acpi file from IORegistryExplorer and my plist.config.

Let me know if anything else would be helpful.

i7_Mac_Pro.acpi.zip

config.plist.zip

Wow...my config was pretty bloated.

Wouldn't boot with yours (kernel panics).

Spent a lot of time slowly adding my stuff back in. I think this is about as small as it can get. Not 100% though as it takes a ton of time to remove a line or two and reboot and see if it is working still.

In any case I think I got rid of some of the bloat but it didn't have any impact on my DVI problem. Still only working on the VGA port.

Updated config.plist attached. If you think it might fix it for me to continue to try to skinny up my config.plist then I will keep going with it tomorrow but I think it is pretty close to as small as it can get.

Thanks for looking at this!

config-skinny.plist.zip

I tried booting with the standard Yosemite drivers instead of the web driver just to see what would happen and it booted to my DVI with no problem. More and more I am starting to wonder if this is just a web beta driver thing and that it isn't something that I can fix.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard flashing a palit gtx 750ti BIOS fixes this problem, at least for hdmi (someone with the Asus card reported this). Also the gigabyte 750ti black has ALL ports working, so maybe that BIOS would work too.

Obviously don't flash those on the non-ti, but you could experiment with some different manufacturers' BIOS and see what happens. I would probably try a gigabyte 750 bios for that as well as they all seem to be the most compatible maxwell cards.

If you're uncomfortable flashing the BIOS (understandable), you can also have Clover load a different vbios for your card from your efi partition.