10.9.5 Update killed my sound

newmy51

18 posts in this topic

-Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 CrossFireX DVI/HDMI mATX Motherboard

-Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core

-16GB (2x8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance LP SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

-EVGA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB 256-bit GDDR5)

-SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD

-Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Writer

-OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 (up from 10.9.3)

DLed and installed latest OSX update after months of delaying.  Sound card no longer recognized. :(

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

reisntalling the kext has had no effect.  still soundless.  bummed.

bootloader?  i know I chose one when I was first configuring this machine.  i now can't remember which one I have... easy way to check?

i should mention that i had ongoing, mind-numbing audio problems on this rig before.  a build from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297207-voodoohda-285-for-mavericks-slice-anv-signed/

was the only thing that ended up working.

Hello

If you use chameleon normaly you have Extra folder in HDD folder...

If you use Clover you need have EFI Folder in HDD Folder....

To be honestly you can see what bootloader you use in boot screen.... normally in top of screen appear bootloader name and version

my brain began melting upon reading that guide.  it also starts with instructions for Linux.  his terminal cmds don't work on my machine.

i remember having issues with native audio when first sorting out my many post-install issues.  Voodoo was all that worked.  i'm happy sticking with that over AppleHDA.

update:  getting very low volume audio, but only with input gain turned way up in the Voodoo prefpane.  lots of white noise, hiss, static.  goes away when input gain slider is brought down, but so does what little audio I have.

• 1 month later...