Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

I've not been able to get any of the 10.10.2 approved web drivers to work in 10.10.2 (installed from combo update) with a Dell UP3214Q on a Gigabyte GTX 760. 

Everything works fine on 10.10.1. 10.10.2 would be a nice place to be since a few sleep issues are resolved there. But, without a way to view the screen in 60hz on 10.10.2, I believe I'll just hold out until 10.10.3 arrives. 

That's a shame... 10.10.2 update kill all hdmi audio, everywhere all people are reporting the same issue... those damn buggy apple drivers, and even nvidia web driver doesn't solve the problem, how long we have to wait for a simple hdmi audio out of the box? Can a linux driver be ported to fit the situation maybe?

• Like 1

I've been checking all over different forums DAILY to see if there are any new leads for the HDMI audio fix... It's frustrating that one of the main reasons I created my hackintosh was for a visual/audio intensive workstation that I could run pro software with (mixing audio on a 7.1 system, watching movies and games in my theater, Etc) and now have to just play the waiting game. If I knew where to start with creating software or modifying some data, to get it fixed, I would! I don't regret the purchase ever - tinkering is a fun hobby - I just wish something that WAS working would continue to work fine.

• Like 1

Latest 10.10.3 update 14D87h released today (02/23/2015) broke even the native OS X nVidia driver support for HDMI audio on GT 640 (using HDMIAudio.kext).

Back to the previous build (14D72i) and all is well.

It broke the native Nvidia support for me too it seems. I uninstalled web drivers weeks ago when I tried the first pre-release. All was well until this beta which gives me a black screen instead of the login screen, then the monitor times out and shuts down a minute or two later.

It broke the native Nvidia support for me too it seems. I uninstalled web drivers weeks ago when I tried the first pre-release. All was well until this beta which gives me a black screen instead of the login screen, then the monitor times out and shuts down a minute or two later.

Same for me here...

Same here Ryan I'm start thinking to format again and stick to 10.10.1 where all were working... but that would be a mess and take time...

There is someone who can port the 10.10.1 driver for 10.10.2 for a little donation?

I'ts the first thing I tried with dsdt and without. The original kext shows 3 hdmi output sources but none of them is working. Same with nvidia web driver, but on 10.10.1 audio was working fine

use the official apple kext! hdmi audio is working for me on 10.10.2 and voodoohda!

• Like 1

i dont use dsdt! only a device properties on chameleon to correct the hdmi and dvi output!

did you tried to override "NodesToPatch" on voodoohda plist?

I'ts the first thing I tried with dsdt and without. The original kext shows 3 hdmi output sources but none of them is working. Same with nvidia web driver, but on 10.10.1 audio was working fine

I've been trying to follow Toleda's guides for HDMI Audio using DSDT fixes but get thoroughly confused at certain spots. I've had contradicting messages from him saying DSDT would fix the HDMI audio with my Nvidia GPU (750Ti) and other times I've seen him say it's broken and only Nvidia can fix it. So now I'm just lost even more. Link below has some progress with NOT using web drivers and getting HDMI Audio. Which with my Mac, I needed webdriver initially to install the card, but now I can switch to OSX driver whenever I want with no graphic hangups. So I might look into this as a solution too.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide-43.html

• Like 1