<key>343.01.02</key>

<string>343.01.02</string>

to the plist:

/library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources

The Message is gone, but CUDA isnt working properly:

Screen+Shot+2014-11-29+at+5.24.24+PM.png

that worked for previous versions, but not for 14C78c :-(

please try these web drivers: test.zip

I just did a small mod with nvidia web drivers 343.01.03b01 version to make them compatible with the build 14C78c

in this folder, I put NVDAStartup.kext vanilla version instead of Web version. Why? because you will have a black screen with the web version.

don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

after the reboot, you will not be able to use nvidia web driver, only os x default graphics driver but you will have QE_CI   ;)

please try these web drivers: attachicon.gif test.zip

I just did a small mod with nvidia web drivers 343.01.03b01 version to make them compatible with the build 14C78c

in this folder, I put NVDAStartup.kext vanilla version instead of Web version. Why? because you will have a black screen with the web version.

after the reboot, you will not be able to use nvidia web driver, only os x default graphics driver but you will have QE_CI    ;)

tried your build, black screen then reboot due to kernel panic. used kext utility to instal, repair permissions, and rebuild. Also tried booting in safemode with same results. Can only boot using nv_disable flag.

• Like 1

So is this only for specific cards (I have a GeForce GT 220 yosemite 10.10.1).

please try these web drivers: attachicon.giftest.zip

after the reboot, you will not be able to use nvidia web driver, only os x default graphics driver but you will have QE_CI   ;)

thanks for your work, but same result like before, reboot or only login with nv_disable=1 possible

I couldn't find this line in NVDAStarup.kext info.plist, I'm running 10.10.2

Is there

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
	<string>11A511</string>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>NVDAStartup</string>
	<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
	<string>NVDAStartup 10.1.43 (343.01.03b01)</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.nvidia.NVDAStartup</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>10.1.43</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>10.0.1</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>NVDAStartup</key>
		<dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
			<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
			<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
			<string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<integer>100000</integer>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
			<string>14C</string>
			<key>NVDAType</key>
			<string>Web</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
		<string>1.0b1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>7.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>8.0d0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is there

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<string>11A511</string>
	<string>English</string>
	<string>NVDAStartup 10.1.43 (343.01.03b01)</string>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<string>10.1.43</string>
	<string>????</string>
	<string>10.0.1</string>
	<dict>
		<key>NVDAStartup</key>
		<dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
			<string>14C</string>
			<key>NVDAType</key>
			<string>Web</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<string>1.0b1</string>
		<string>7.0</string>
		<string>8.0d0</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Not in the one I have

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<string>11A511</string>
	<string>English</string>
	<string>NVDAStartup 10.2.1 310.41.15f01</string>
	<string>com.apple.nvidia.NVDAStartup</string>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<string>10.2.1</string>
	<string>????</string>
	<string>10.0.2</string>
	<dict>
		<key>NVDAStartup</key>
		<dict>
			<string>com.apple.nvidia.NVDAStartup</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<key>IOSourceVersion</key>
			<string>10.2.1</string>
			<key>NVDAType</key>
			<string>Official</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<string>1.0b1</string>
		<string>7.0</string>
		<string>8.0d0</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

• Like 1

@ Pavo

this line is only present in nvidia alternative NVDAStartup.kext (web driver)

but it does not matter, this time it does not make any change... you will have a black screen or just a constantly reboot

can you try the modded kexts that I put in my previous posts (#85, #87), please?

what`s your hardware by the way ... maxwell ? - I think Apple did a {censored} again ... with the new Beta ... what I've learned ... nerver update a running system until new webdrivers have been released ;-)

no, sorry

just a gtx 570

but  I only can get it working with web driver

with vanilla driver, I have a black screen

build 14C81f and web driver 343.01.03b01 modded   attachicon.giftest3.zip

attachicon.gif1.png

attachicon.gif2.png

The only way to have video signal was with these modded drivers, if I update to: NVIDIA WEB DRIVER 343.01.02F03 available now for OS X 10.10.1 (14B25), I will get the black screen again with no video signal?.

Thanks.   

• Like 1

The only way to have video signal was with these modded drivers, if I update to: NVIDIA WEB DRIVER 343.01.02F03 available now for OS X 10.10.1 (14B25), I will get the black screen again with no video signal?.

Thanks.   

the drivers for 10.10.1 (the F03 release) is for 10.10.1 only. At any time during a testing release Apple can alter the way things behave in unexpected ways and introduce regressions at any time. Unless there is something in the testing branches you should stick with the most recent stable OS X update and then use the stable Nvidia web driver ONLY if you need something you cant get from the included standard drivers (i.e. 9xx support). Nvidia generally will do mostly stable web update releases for stable OS X builds but is under no requirement or obligation to stay up to date to Apple changing things every few weeks with testing releases.

Remember: stable OS X release means most recent "stable" web driver release. Testing OS X release means, at best, in development web driver release.

• Like 1

the drivers for 10.10.1 (the F03 release) is for 10.10.1 only. At any time during a testing release Apple can alter the way things behave in unexpected ways and introduce regressions at any time. Unless there is something in the testing branches you should stick with the most recent stable OS X update and then use the stable Nvidia web driver ONLY if you need something you cant get from the included standard drivers (i.e. 9xx support). Nvidia generally will do mostly stable web update releases for stable OS X builds but is under no requirement or obligation to stay up to date to Apple changing things every few weeks with testing releases.

Remember: stable OS X release means most recent "stable" web driver release. Testing OS X release means, at best, in development web driver release.

Hello there,

I appreciate your time and help. the situation is, my GTX 570 HD was not working with web drivers or OS X Default drivers, so I had to used the modded drivers Fantomas1 posted on this forum, I don't have experience with tech specs of modded drivers, that's why I am not sure to upgrade, meaning if I do that my card will no function. I just got confused, which are the differences between the Wb Drivers and OS X Default drivers?.

Thanks!. 

dfeow3.png

Hello there,

I appreciate your time and help. the situation is, my GTX 570 HD was not working with web drivers or OS X Default drivers, so I had to used the modded drivers Fantomas1 posted on this forum, I don't have experience with tech specs of modded drivers, that's why I am not sure to upgrade, meaning if I do that my card will no function. I just got confused, which are the differences between the Wb Drivers and OS X Default drivers?.

Thanks!. 

OS X default drivers are the ones Apple includes in the OS release. Unlike Windows, Apple doesn't require your device to use the internet to grab the most recent drivers, easier for Apple since they have such a tiny amount of core hardware to support. However the result is then your stuck to Apple's release and Quality Assurance requirements to get updates fixed. Also you are either included out of the box, or you need to look elsewhere for drivers (i.e. the apple printer driver system or device maker websites). Since games tend to not come out nicely timed with Apple OS updates some companies like Nvidia use a side system to allow quicker updates for fixing issues with software (Web Drivers) or adding capability Apple doesn't allow bundled with their software (CUDA framework). Also some people, like myself, use a architecture newer then what the apple included drivers support, and until Apple releases something that supports the newer architecture (ie GTX 9xxm series graphics cards) they have no reason to support us poor folks that built hacks. (To which I say then sell a f**king mac that fills my needs for a desktop ^.~) 

For your situation I don't have enough information to make a judgement call. what OS version are you sitting at right now?

• Like 2

OS X default drivers are the ones Apple includes in the OS release. Unlike Windows, Apple doesn't require your device to use the internet to grab the most recent drivers, easier for Apple since they have such a tiny amount of core hardware to support. However the result is then your stuck to Apple's release and Quality Assurance requirements to get updates fixed. Also you are either included out of the box, or you need to look elsewhere for drivers (i.e. the apple printer driver system or device maker websites). Since games tend to not come out nicely timed with Apple OS updates some companies like Nvidia use a side system to allow quicker updates for fixing issues with software (Web Drivers) or adding capability Apple doesn't allow bundled with their software (CUDA framework). Also some people, like myself, use a architecture newer then what the apple included drivers support, and until Apple releases something that supports the newer architecture (ie GTX 9xxm series graphics cards) they have no reason to support us poor folks that built hacks. (To which I say then sell a f**king mac that fills my needs for a desktop ^.~) 

For your situation I don't have enough information to make a judgement call. what OS version are you sitting at right now?

cwestpha,

I am OS X 10.10.1 on a Mac Pro 2,1 "Installed using SFOTT", I was told the GTX 570 HD was plug and play, but I had installed and I was getting just a black screen until I found the modded drivers from Fantomas1,   

I tried the latest drivers on Yosemite, still getting screen corruption on my GTX670, especially under "heavy load" i.e. Photoshop running in "Advanced" graphics performance mode, streaming video and having all three display plugged in. Changing any one of those parameters (like unplugging the 3rd display) and the corruption goes away.

The issue does not exist at all on Mavericks with the same hardware and bootloader (clover.)