Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

I have some problems after the Security update. Installed the new 14F2009 Webdriver but still have no acceleration.

Using an GTX Titan Black under Yosemite, boot loader is clover and also added NvidiaWeb to my config.plist because I thought that it is now on all new drivers not only Sierra but without any luck. 

System Definition is MacPro 6,1 also tried to run AGDPFix again and changed also to other system definitions but still no luck. 

Anyone any idea?

EDIT: FIXED IT!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problems after the Security update. Installed the new 14F2009 Webdriver but still have no acceleration.

Using an GTX Titan Black under Yosemite, boot loader is clover and also added NvidiaWeb to my config.plist because I thought that it is now on all new drivers not only Sierra but without any luck. 

System Definition is MacPro 6,1 also tried to run AGDPFix again and changed also to other system definitions but still no luck. 

Anyone any idea?

EDIT: FIXED IT!

Hello how did you fix it? which NVDARequiredOS you used? sorry for my poor english.

regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hello how did you fix it? which NVDARequiredOS you used? sorry for my poor english.

regards

The AppleGraphicsControl.kext file was broken after the update, found an untouched one which I've added to the Extensions folder and repatched it again with AGDPFix.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

...in my installation there is no NVDAStartupWeb.kext to alter.... only NVDAStartup.kext...so I'm a little confused...have the drivers changed?

There is no NVDAStartupWeb.kext for Yosemite or Mavericks. This one only exists in El Capitan/Sierra.

But the trick is the same for NVDAStartup.kext. Just edit this part of the info.plist :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F</string>

...hey,,, thanks again..after several cpu panics...got restarted with the web drivers(NVDAStartup) altered...must be more problems with this gtx 745 than i'd imagined....i did repair permissions and rebuild cache initially...however....as always..a work in progress....

edit: the nvidia driver control panel will not load after the mod....but the tool u mentioned does work for me...no updates yet...

update: new web drivers installed via the tool nv driver control working again....

cannot enable it...if i switch to Web driver in control panel, it asks for restart,

after restart i see that it uses Default driver, but not Web...

in config.plist

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1</string>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac10,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>FC0067FFB9U</string>
<key>SmUUID</key>
<string>1393CCFC-60F2-4C10-863B-BCA5A13BD86C</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>#BacklightLevel</key>
<string>0x0501</string>
<key>#CustomUUID</key>
<string>511CE201-1000-4000-9999-010203040506</string>
<key>#NvidiaWeb</key>
<false/>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/></dict>

10.10.5 (14F2411)

asus p5q-e

Palit GF650Ti Boost

Xeon E5472

///p.s. -   may be i messed up this setting, cos i ve tried different ways to enable Web.

attached is my plist...i would be appreciate if anybody look in it with "fresh eye"

config.plist.zip

checked in system profile loaded Extension.... - and Web kexts does not start up....hm

Add nvda_drv=1 in boot arguments for Yosemite.

Key NvidiaWeb for Sierra only.

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...