Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

I found one bug related to Web Nvidia Drivers : 346.02.03f01 and 346.02.03f2 in Nvidia GTX 960 running Yosemite 10.10.5.

These drivers work for my GTX 960 card, but VRAM is shown as 0 MB.

Actually it should be 4096 MB which can be shown correctly in El Capitan 10.11.2.

For Nvidia GTX 780 there is no such a bug in 10.10.5 and 10.11.1/10.11.2.

post-70188-0-04655600-1446996483_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

i'm on a macpro 5.1 and i got a big problems today.

I just did a minor update (for this lame itunes and some other toys) then i have to install the latest nvidia driver but i can't! it say's: version 14F1509 no supported :(

I would like to modify the pkg file to remove the os check but i can't find where is it.

Any help? thanx

I installed the latest Yosemite security update 10.10.5 build 14F1509 and I was having trouble getting the nvidia drivers released 12/10/15 to install. I am using a MacPro5,1 smbios, but the drivers didn't want to install on this build even though the nvidia website says it's compatible. I modified the package to ignore the software check and went ahead with the installation. I've made sure to set GraphicsEnabler=No, nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1. I ran the NVIDIA WebDriver Update 1.4 but it kept saying you don't have the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. I made a backup of my NVDAStartup.kext and renamed it to NVDAStartupWeb.kext. Not sure what's going on at this point, the Nvidia driver doesn't think I'm using the correct OS that it's designed to run on.

I installed the latest Yosemite security update 10.10.5 build 14F1509 and I was having trouble getting the nvidia drivers released 12/10/15 to install. I am using a MacPro5,1 smbios, but the drivers didn't want to install on this build even though the nvidia website says it's compatible. I modified the package to ignore the software check and went ahead with the installation. I've made sure to set GraphicsEnabler=No, nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1. I ran the NVIDIA WebDriver Update 1.4 but it kept saying you don't have the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. I made a backup of my NVDAStartup.kext and renamed it to NVDAStartupWeb.kext. Not sure what's going on at this point, the Nvidia driver doesn't think I'm using the correct OS that it's designed to run on.

I'm pretty sure the NVDAStartupWeb.kext doesn't exist in Yosemite, even with the webdrivers installed. This kext only exist in El Capitan.

So rename back your NVDAStartupWeb.kext to NVDAStartup.kext then run this command in a terminal :

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/info.plist

Look for the string NVDARequiredOS then change the build number to the current one : 14F1509 like this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1509</string>

[EDIT] I forgot to say that you must save changes by typing CTRL + X then hit Y and enter ;).

Finally, repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache with this :

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then restart (make sure nvda_drv=1 is enabled in the boot args of your bootloader).

Edited by polyzargone
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure the NVDAStartupWeb.kext doesn't exist in Yosemite, even with the webdrivers installed. This kext only exist in El Capitan.

So rename back your NVDAStartupWeb.kext to NVDAStartup.kext then run this command in a terminal :

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/info.plist

Look for the string NVDARequiredOS then change the build number to the current one : 14F1509 like this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1509</string>

Finally, repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache with this :

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then restart (make sure nvda_drv=1 is enabled in the boot args of your bootloader).

oui à chaque fois je me trompe entre yosemite et El Capitan  :angel_not:

• Like 2

Is anyone having artifacts in Safari on pictures(jpegs/pngs) embedded with JavaScript(I'm assuming it's JS, because happens mostly on facebook and gallery-like sites) as in attached pic?

Everything was fine on Radeon 4850 with Exotic Patch, now i'm on 750Ti and Web Drivers (346.02.03f03 patched for 14F1509, but it's been happening also on f02)

6f5d84.jpg

Oh and by the way, here's my patched 346.02.03f.03 web driver and NVDAStartup.kext for 14F1509, just remember to repair permissions after swapping it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b313mgc0it0vw0/NVWE_14F1509.zip?dl=0

Ok

I exactly did the procedure line after line.

Now i have a definitly black screen even with my natively supported gtx 680 :(

i can't boot at all on mac os :(

that's not the exact thing : i can boot but i don't see the screen.

Edit:

I booted on the RECOVERY part of my macos HD then i reinstalled yosemite.

Now i'm on 10.10.5 (build 14F27) with the working webdriver and i won't touch that or update anything until a fully working patch from nvidia.

Thanx for the help.