Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

since I've update to 10.10.5 and   WebDriver-346.02.03f01 I noticed that I've a vsync tearing issue when I scroll with firefox or when I  move quickly  a window through the desktop...

The same vsync tearing issue It's verifiable when I watch a video or play a game... :(

I'm the only one with that problem?!?

PS: I have a notebook with lcd flat pannel

since I've update to 10.10.5 and   WebDriver-346.02.03f01 I noticed that I've a vsync tearing issue when I scroll with firefox or when I  move quickly  a window through the desktop...

The same vsync tearing issue It's verifiable when I watch a video or play a game... :(

I'm the only one with that problem?!?

PS: I have a notebook with lcd flat pannel

I've had a similar issue with a secondary display and it turned out to be that it had automatically set the wrong refresh rate (50Hz instead of 60Hz). You might be having a similar issue?

I've had a similar issue with a secondary display and it turned out to be that it had automatically set the wrong refresh rate (50Hz instead of 60Hz). You might be having a similar issue?

Yes it could ... actually I have the problem when the notebook is connected to my external monitor and I set the 2 monitors as duplicates... the problem comes in the lcd of the notebook...

How to solve?

I just remembered, I was running a Mac Pro 6,1 profile and had edited my AppleGraphicsControl.kext.  Checking post update now.

Yep false alarm.  All 3 monitors popped up.  I am putting a sticky note on my desk!

Quick reminder for anyone using MacPro 6,1 SMBios you need to remember to update your AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key><string>none</string>

Does anyone have a method to inject this with Clover?

I just installed a GTX 980 in my Mac Pro 5,1 with the latest drivers, and I only have two complaints so far:

1. Apple Motion 5 seems about as fast as it did with my Radeon 5870

2. Switching between windows with the Mail app is oddly delayed. It takes about a second for the GUI to respond if I click on a background window to bring it to the foreground.

Hopefully the next web driver will address this.

• 2 weeks later...

today I have installed the webdriver on my freshly installed OS X 10.10.5 Build 14F27a, after re-start, I got a black screen.
then I have booted with my other partition, and found that the webdriver installation has overwritten my org.chameleon.boot.plist. This is absolute nonsense.

previously boot.plist file was complete with all of my settings for my AMD Hackintosh and now, it looks like this:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is that not crazy? :D

I'm having the same issue as xenophex.

After updating to 10.10.5 from 10.10.4 my graphics no longer work unless I use nv_disable=1.

I have a quadro 2000m and it was working fine. I have tried updating the web driver to the last and also tried the beta version but still getting the same issue.

My smbios is macbook pro 8,1.

Any one any ideas what might fix it. Do you think I could force the old drivers back on to the system.

Regards

Update: I uninstalled the webdrivers and rebooted. The system booted to desktop.

On booting it said it was using the web driver rather than official even though I removed them.

In Extensions it shows that no nvidia driver/kext is loaded.

Im pretty confused :s

EDIT:

I got it working using the old beta drivers off 10.10.4.

I used NvidiaWebModder.sh to set the package to usable on 10.10.5.

I then installed the beta drivers and after the message came up saying that I was using incompatible drivers and would be forced to use OSX official drivers, i then ran Nvidiawebmodder.sh with the -skip-verification flag.

After a reboot the system came up using the nvidia web drivers  :)

Hi, can you give me a link to the script? thanks  :)

• 2 weeks later...

You just need to edit NVDAStartup.kext for the 14F1012 and you're good to go... I had to add bootargs though, they were gone after restart. and no smbios here, I'm on a mac mini :D (2009 model)

Tried but even I can select the Nvidia driver in the control panel or menu and reboot it is clearly not activated…

What I have done is:

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

change NVDARequiredOS key to 14F1012

save

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

reboot

I miss something?

I use the last Nvidia driver for 10.10.5 and a GTX 980Ti EFI.

If not a typo, then you should set nvda_drv=1 and not nvda-drv=1

My bad, that's a typo. But any update on OS has had me rebooting twice, once after update, once after mod on NVDAStartup.kext. This time, thrice, due to wiped boot-args.

Strange.

Here's what I do :

First I install webdrivers (I use a tool to patch the installer so it doesn't check SMBios and build number). Upon completion, I don't immediately restart and I edit NVDAStartupWeb.kext to match current build number (which is 14F27 in the latest 10.10.5 on my system. Never heard about a 14F1012 version :blink:).

Then i run this script to fix permissions and rebuild kernel cache :

#!/bin/bash
#
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then finally, I restart. On next boot, webdrivers are loaded and that's it. No need to boot twice or thrice…

Hope this help cause I can't see why it fails on your system. Except that strange 14F1012 build number of yours. But I may have miss the update or maybe it's a security update I'm unaware of :unsure:.

[EDIT]

Ooops… This strange build number was from GratVador's post. Hope you didn't try the same thing cause I can confirm that there's no such build…

Strange.

Here's what I do :

First I install webdrivers (I use a tool to patch the installer so it doesn't check SMBios and build number). Upon completion, I don't immediately restart and I edit NVDAStartupWeb.kext to match current build number (which is 14F27 in the latest 10.10.5 on my system. Never heard about a 14F1012 version :blink:).

Then i run this script to fix permissions and rebuild kernel cache :

#!/bin/bash
#
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then finally, I restart. On next boot, webdrivers are loaded and that's it. No need to boot twice or thrice…

Hope this help cause I can't see why it fails on your system. Except that strange 14F1012 build number of yours. But I may have miss the update or maybe it's a security update I'm unaware of :unsure:.

Many thanks for the info. I have had a look also to MacVidscard site but no way to restore the driver to work.

If I can get the name of your tool to authorize installation of the driver I can have a last try, otherwise I will have to wait for a Nvidia update.

F.....g update! It installs on both My Mac Pro 5,1 and Macbook Pro 11,3

Are you sure you are on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite ? Please check this first before doing anything. You can easily figure out what's the current build number by clicking on version 10.xx.x in "About this Mac".

This is the only value you must rely on to edit the NVDAStartup.kext or NVDAStartupWeb.kext if relevant.

Here you go :D !

Huh, I just checked and the NVDAStartupWeb.kext doesn't exist on Yosemite. It's the NVDAStartup.kext that needs to be edited ;).

So, I patched the installer and ran it.

Sudo pico to edit the NVDAStartup.kext

Applied your script

Reboot => OS X driver

Selected Nvidia driver and reboot

Nvidia driver says it is selected but… It is not active in facts :-(

So I will give up there and wait a putative official update…