Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

horizoli, ok, will try, thanks.))

upd. Tried this driver, seems to be fine but still I want to stay with os x driver - it's much stable.

Edited by ImmortalSoulL
  • Like 2

This, ..f03 driver has signifikant (10-25%, depending on gpu type) more OpenCL speed in some OpenCL benches. Even on my older Fermi GT 440 gpu.

In the past OpenCL speed has mostly not changed by driver updates.

• Like 2

OpenGL extension viewer reports a 50% increase in performance with the f03 driver and my 750 Ti, moving from the 2k to the 3k points and Unigine Heaven reports a solid increase of 50 points as well!  This is the best performing Nvidia web driver so far!!!

• Like 1

I´m using a Hackintosh i7 4790K (Gigabyte Board with Ozmosis BIOS) with 10.10.4 and a Asus Striker GTX 760 ROG. After installing the nVidia webdriver the GPU fan is running full speed after a few Seconds after the Desktop is booted up. Any idea? With the orig. Apple Drivers there is no Problem.

OpenGL extension viewer reports a 50% increase in performance with the f03 driver and my 750 Ti, moving from the 2k to the 3k points and Unigine Heaven reports a solid increase of 50 points as well!  This is the best performing Nvidia web driver so far!!!

I can confirm that, seems indeed to be faster across the board. Nice! Only minor issue still remaining is wrong reporting of fan speed (aka 19RPM). But not sure if this is actually a fault of the driver. (though it works correctly with the stock driver)

I solved the problem with 100% fan Speed of the nVidia Card by using their Webdriver. I simply installed the latest FakeSMC with all 4 plugins in /S/L/E and now I see a lot of sensors more as before. Including GPU. And the fan keeps quiet. :D

I´m using the Ozmosis BIOS. The FakeSMC inside this one doesn´t recognize all Sensors of my System.

Hi,

I would appreciate some help. I am on Mac Pro 1,1 / Yosemite 10.4, with the 346.02.02f03 Nvidia driver (up-to-date as for now), on a Nvidia GeForce GT640.

This card is a PC card, so I don't have Boot screen. It is also not supported by Apple on the last officially supported OS (I believe it is 10.7 Lion).

So if I have a problem with a Nvidia driver I can't reboot easily in a supported OS

Everything is fine otherwise.

In the past I had trouble updating Yosemite, which was due to incompatibility with nvidia driver. I can't really remember how I sorted it out. But this makes me cautious.

Today I wonder if I can safely update Yosemite to 10.10.5 with my current Nvidia driver.

I tried to update first the nvidia driver, using the beta provided by MTWomg (#517), but is will not load under 10.10.4

I don't even know if I can deactivate the current nvidia driver, use the OS X one, update Yosemite to 10.10,5 , then update the Nvidia driver.

I don't know either if the current 10,10,5 update replaces the modified bootloader (coming from pike https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/page/5/), Ineed to use 10,10,4 on my old mac, and if the pike bootloader will work with 10,10,5 (though I presume so as the 10,10,5 is quite light at around 100MB).

Any idea ? 

Thanks

Puuh, with DP drivers I just experienced GPU crash on my mini...

14.8.2015 14.27.57,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = Graphics Engine Error (GR Error 5)
Damnit! The first time this happens with WebDrivers.

Also, Upon installing the 10.10.5 final, to my surprise I found out that web drivers were loaded - update didn't replace NVDAStartup.kext with Apple's own.

Now to f01 driver...

I updated to 10.10.5 and had to update Nvidia Drivers as they were not compatible with the OS Version.  After I updated the Nvidia Web Drivers and rebooted I no longer had video signals on any of the outputs of the video card.  I can Screen Share in to make adjustments thankfully but I guess its time to wait for another patch.

I updated to 10.10.5 and had to update Nvidia Drivers as they were not compatible with the OS Version. After I updated the Nvidia Web Drivers and rebooted I no longer had video signals on any of the outputs of the video card. I can Screen Share in to make adjustments thankfully but I guess its time to wait for another patch.

Which version you had installed? I had the one before f01 and installed 10.10.5 without a trouble, it even left nvdastartup untouched... Installed f01 afterwards, as 9400 overheated again... Now, i have 8 pieces of nylon M3's with bolts, and 16 washers. Time to tear it apart and apply some ceramique2.

I just remembered, I was running a Mac Pro 6,1 profile and had edited my AppleGraphicsControl.kext.  Checking post update now.

Yep false alarm.  All 3 monitors popped up.  I am putting a sticky note on my desk!

Quick reminder for anyone using MacPro 6,1 SMBios you need to remember to update your AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key><string>none</string>

I'm having the same issue as xenophex.

After updating to 10.10.5 from 10.10.4 my graphics no longer work unless I use nv_disable=1.

I have a quadro 2000m and it was working fine. I have tried updating the web driver to the last and also tried the beta version but still getting the same issue.

My smbios is macbook pro 8,1.

Any one any ideas what might fix it. Do you think I could force the old drivers back on to the system.

Regards

Update: I uninstalled the webdrivers and rebooted. The system booted to desktop.

On booting it said it was using the web driver rather than official even though I removed them.

In Extensions it shows that no nvidia driver/kext is loaded.

Im pretty confused :s

EDIT:

I got it working using the old beta drivers off 10.10.4.

I used NvidiaWebModder.sh to set the package to usable on 10.10.5.
I then installed the beta drivers and after the message came up saying that I was using incompatible drivers and would be forced to use OSX official drivers, i then ran Nvidiawebmodder.sh with the -skip-verification flag.
After a reboot the system came up using the nvidia web drivers  :)

Edited by fantomas1
several posts edited and merged in this one!!!

Hi,

It's not clear to me wether the problem with 10.10.5 is that you can't access to the screen or that you can't use Nvidia drivers (version x...)

Could someone confirm they could upgrade to 10.10.5 in a Mac Pro 1,1 using official mac os X drivers ?

Hi,

I would appreciate some help. I am on Mac Pro 1,1 / Yosemite 10.4, with the 346.02.02f03 Nvidia driver (up-to-date as for now), on a Nvidia GeForce GT640.

This card is a PC card, so I don't have Boot screen. It is also not supported by Apple on the last officially supported OS (I believe it is 10.7 Lion).

So if I have a problem with a Nvidia driver I can't reboot easily in a supported OS

Everything is fine otherwise.

In the past I had trouble updating Yosemite, which was due to incompatibility with nvidia driver. I can't really remember how I sorted it out. But this makes me cautious.

Today I wonder if I can safely update Yosemite to 10.10.5 with my current Nvidia driver.

I tried to update first the nvidia driver, using the beta provided by MTWomg (#517), but is will not load under 10.10.4

I don't even know if I can deactivate the current nvidia driver, use the OS X one, update Yosemite to 10.10,5 , then update the Nvidia driver.

I don't know either if the current 10,10,5 update replaces the modified bootloader (coming from pike https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/page/5/), Ineed to use 10,10,4 on my old mac, and if the pike bootloader will work with 10,10,5 (though I presume so as the 10,10,5 is quite light at around 100MB).

Any idea ? 

Thanks

Well I can answer some of my own questions.

i tried to reboot on 10.10.4 and video does not work on the official OX X video driver. It seems the nvidia driver is mandatory. I guess I need to wait until there is a working nvidia driver to update to 10.10.5.

By the way, does anyone know why my  Nvidia GeForce GT640 does not work on OS X drivers ?