Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Amongst all the negative complaints here I wanted to report that I have no problems with the latest drivers on 14E17e..

I don't need web drivers like some of you do but I install them because it gives better power management that is similar to windows drivers.

• Like 1

Amongst all the negative complaints here I wanted to report that I have no problems with the latest drivers on 14E17e..

I don't need web drivers like some of you do but I install them because it gives better power management that is similar to windows drivers.

I don't also have any major problem with webdrivers but I wonder something. I noticed some crashes on an couple of games. I wonder if Kerbal Space Program x64 edition also crashes for everyone like me when you try to launch rocket :)

Updated - seemed to be working fine - until i woke up my display and was presented with black/white/grey artefacts. had to system restart... never happened prior to this release. hopefully that was the last time that happened! 

Everything seems fine here with f04 on my msi 960, although the second boot stage is somewhere down in the left corner ;s

for me also on the previous driver release... i don't know if this is related to nvidia drivers or something else (i've also changes the monitor in the meanwhile and picked up one with a 1440p res instead of the 1080p). cheers

Unless I disable my 2 NVIDIA 8880 GTX cards in Clover 3203 with nv_disable=1, my system immediately crashes and reboots after Clover.

Sorry for the noob post, but I've at least searched and skimmed and this year old thread  :)

I installed Yosemite 10.10.3 clean on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-HD3 mobo and a i7-4771 CPU. My kernel options are

"-v nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 LogLineCount=864 LogEveryBoot=Yes slide=0 "

I can run with the i7's built-in gfx, and I tried installing WebDriver-346.01.02f04, but that did not help. I have not messed around at with other KEXTS, clover's config.plist,  other config files or anything.

What must I do to get NVIDIA gfx not to crash?

I MAY (but cannot confirm) have had the same problem when I tried to upgrade my first hackintosh (ASUS mobo with i7-3960x cpu and 3 NVIDIA cards) from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3. 

Thanks!

Just some info on my problem: It turned out to be a mixture of software and hardware issues. The random freezes were caused by a hardware fault so I've ditched the NVidia card and fallen back to HD4600 IGP. In act I've ditched Hackintosh altogether and gone back to Ubuntu and I'm a happy man. It was a good year using Hackintosh but I actually prefer Ubuntu as an OS.

for me also on the previous driver release... i don't know if this is related to nvidia drivers or something else (i've also changes the monitor in the meanwhile and picked up one with a 1440p res instead of the 1080p). cheers

Got the same problem. Has one of you found a solution to this yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Just try :)

I ve updated my machine to 10.10.3 by clean install and i did have to use that command. I also had to modify the web driver package to not validate my hardware since i am using iMac14.2 SMBIOS

if anyone interested i can how to do this if you using clover and have Pre config file for it with SMBIOS like me u need to do this or switch SMBIOS back to Mac Pro 

I ve updated my machine to 10.10.3 by clean install and i did have to use that command. I also had to modify the web driver package to not validate my hardware since i am using iMac14.2 SMBIOS

if anyone interested i can how to do this if you using clover and have Pre config file for it with SMBIOS like me u need to do this or switch SMBIOS back to Mac Pro 

No need to change your SMBios for a MacPro. See my post #402 and download Nvidia_Installer_AutoPatcher.zip :D

Please test and report :)

NB : credits goes to cecekpawon for original script.

• Like 1

ok now i got issue every time i load into OS X and go to nvidia control panel and its OS X Default selected but NVDAStartup: Web is loaded?

its saying web is loaded but OS X is selected in control panel? 

Update: I tested your auto patcher and it worked great it totally remove the hardware check. the only confirmation is when it say its Done. i ran the modded pkg and no errors all good

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just for confirmation/clarification, are you guys with Maxwell GPUs seeing some scrambled images here and there (mostly in Safari) ?

I am quite curious about this since I am using a Titan X for a week now... Everything seems to be in order except this, and I mostly wanted to know if this is a "known issue".

I have opened a topic about it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306558-scrambled-images-with-maxwells-gpus/