Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Once I caught wind of the alternative Nvidia graphics cards for hackintosh builds I opted to upgrade from onboard graphics to a GTX 750. Unfortunately this was recently so 10.10.2 was already out. I tried forever to get HDMI audio to work which was mostly Toleda guides but all they did was get the 3.5mm audio jack on my motherboard to work and nothing more.

Turns out that nobody has figured it out for Nvidia HDMI audio on 10.10.2 and I was just wasting my time all along. Toleda really needs to update that HDMI audio page from saying Nvidia HDMI audio will work on 10.10.x to it only works from "10.10 - 10.10.1". That could have saved a lot of people in our boat a lot of wasted time! In fact I'm going to PM Toleda and hopefully get this changed.

Turns out that nobody has figured it out for Nvidia HDMI audio on 10.10.2 and I was just wasting my time all along. Toleda really needs to update that HDMI audio page from saying Nvidia HDMI audio will work on 10.10.x to it only works from "10.10 - 10.10.1". That could have saved a lot of people in our boat a lot of wasted time! In fact I'm going to PM Toleda and hopefully get this changed.

Thats what I'm seeing now on his HDMI Audio Guide just after I posted a long-winded troubleshooting request to him. He is pretty vague sometimes and thats what throws me off. Every once in a while I hear "They are working on a fix" but I really havent seen proof. I'd love to get my hands in the development, if I knew where to begin. I'd be more than happy to help not just for myself, but everyone having the same issue.

• Like 1

I tried extract all needed files with darwind dumper last version, it should patch on the fly according your clover settings, both dsdt and hdmi audio setting. In 10.10.1 like I said before i had audio, now on 10.10.2 like all of you guys hdmi audio doesnt work, I didnt have any need to patch nodes on voodoohda before, I guess the problem is the new drivers from apple, cause even nvidia web driver take references from them... if only someone could port 10.10.1 drivers to make it work on 10.10.x future versions... please

I'm trying 10.10.3 (to get the iCloud Photo Library, which I already have running on my iOS devices and rMBP) and there's no web driver yet available for it… Is there any way to manually override the version check? 

Thanks. :)

I'm trying 10.10.3 (to get the iCloud Photo Library, which I already have running on my iOS devices and rMBP) and there's no web driver yet available for it… Is there any way to manually override the version check? 

Thanks. :)

I was wondering the same thing. nVidia is usually good with driver releases, but this one seems to be taking a little longer than usual.

Toleda really needs to update that HDMI audio page from saying Nvidia HDMI audio will work on 10.10.x to it only works from "10.10 - 10.10.1"

To be clear, the Yosemite HDMI audio thread only reflects official OS X releases.  Nvidia HDMI audio works in 10.10.2/C109.

Appropriately, this thread notes Nvidia HDMI audio last worked in 343.01.02.f03/Post #170.  Subsequent releases have not supported Nvidia HDMI audio.  The problem can only be solved by Nvidia.  When the problem is solved, it will be noted in this thread.  Currently, the only way to validate Nvidia HDMI audio is with a Fermi or Kepler graphics card in an official OS X release.

It seems that 343.02.02f02 is broken with the newest security update 2015-002 that was released today, March 09, 2015.

Yup, just found this out the hard way on my GTX 750 as well. I even tried installing 343.02.02f01 and that version is not compatible now either. I'll probably just stick with my Windows partition until both this and HDMI audio gets fixed.

Try this Netkas old driver, it works for me:

I'm getting "Your computer is not compatible" message box. How did you get it to install?

I have a 970GTX.

I tried forcing the install using Pacifist but still couldn't get the hardware driver to work.

**EDIT**

Ok, so I followed these instructions by /r/sdh

Edit the file 

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And change the value for

NVDARequiredOS

from

14C109

to

14C1510

Then, in terminal, execute

touch /System/Library/Extensions

and reboot.

Now it works just fine.

It seems that 343.02.02f02 is broken with the newest security update 2015-002 that was released today, March 09, 2015.

Ya i have same problem....

any one having problem when playing dota 2 ???

i am having sudden brightness up and down in dota 2

how to fix this problem ..........

quite annoying in game 

I'm getting "Your computer is not compatible" message box. How did you get it to install?

I have a 970GTX.

I tried forcing the install using Pacifist but still couldn't get the hardware driver to work.

**EDIT**

Ok, so I followed these instructions by /r/sdh

Edit the file 

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And change the value for

NVDARequiredOS

from

14C109

to

14C1510

Then, in terminal, execute

touch /System/Library/Extensions

and reboot.

Now it works just fine.

Here you have the patched kext. Put it to S/L/E

Then why mod it to skip the check o.O

skip check is for the model identifier, not for the OS build

in fact, it's for both of them   ^_^

OS

14C1510

models

MacPro3,1

MacPro4,1

MacPro5,1

if you don't have the last build (14C150), you will not be able to install it... but I must to admit that it may be not necessary as we're trying to install it on this latest build... it's just out of habit    :P

about models, it's necessary for all those who don't have smbios macpro5/4/3.1 

;)

Somebody help me how to enable NVIDIA Corporation, GF108M GeForce GT 630M (this is in the PCI List) on Asus N53S? Now works only the Intel HD Graphics 3000. Installed Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover v3050. Thank You