Help With a Radeon 5570 (Sapphire) Displayport version

newhacker1746

2 posts in this topic

Hello again, 

This time I have a problem with Displayport audio with my 5570 gpu. 

In the application "System Info" (downloaded) I can see the device ID of the sound device in my gpu.

It says: Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5600 Series], the reason it says 5600 is because it and 5500 series are basically identical: based on the same thing. I also have the Displayport, not HDMI version of this card, and I can boot from display port with a DP-HDMI adapter (passive; the DisplayPort goes to DP++ mode, and sends HDMI signals) I do not have an Intel platform, it is an Asus M5A78-LM-LX3 board with an FX-4100 cpu, and with bronzokva's 10.7.4-5 kernel. It is very reliable, no issues apart from audio, since the Atheros AR8161 is working with another extension (ALXEthernet.kext). I boot Lion 10.7.4. The GPU does have QE/CI, as can be proven by a translucent menu bar, and does not lag at anything (animations work perfectly) However, I would like to enable DisplayPort audio, more alike HDMI because the GPU is sending HDMI signals instead through the port. I will extract a DSDT with MaciASL and put it up here if anyone would like to help me, or provide me with what exactly I need to patch the DSDT, assuming that DSDT will work with an AMD system. Maybe AppleHDA can be patched with the audio device ID. If anything else (kexts, etc) is needed, I will apply it if you can upload it for me. The only problem is that when saving the dsdt in the aml format, it would give me tons of errors and would never finish compiling. However, saving it as a Dissasembled ASL file worked, and I guess you can also open it and then compile it as AML.

Since I could not upload the file as aml(renamed) or ASL(original) I uploaded it with a TXT extension.

It worked. Just rename it to ASL to AML once you download it.

Many thanks ahead of time,

newhacker1746

DSDT.txt

Hello again, 

This time I have a problem with Displayport audio with my 5570 gpu. 

In the application "System Info" (downloaded) I can see the device ID of the sound device in my gpu.

It says: Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5600 Series], the reason it says 5600 is because it and 5500 series are basically identical: based on the same thing. I also have the Displayport, not HDMI version of this card, and I can boot from display port with a DP-HDMI adapter (passive; the DisplayPort goes to DP++ mode, and sends HDMI signals) I do not have an Intel platform, it is an Asus M5A78-LM-LX3 board with an FX-4100 cpu, and with bronzokva's 10.7.4-5 kernel. It is very reliable, no issues apart from audio, since the Atheros AR8161 is working with another extension (ALXEthernet.kext). I boot Lion 10.7.4. The GPU does have QE/CI, as can be proven by a translucent menu bar, and does not lag at anything (animations work perfectly) However, I would like to enable DisplayPort audio, more alike HDMI because the GPU is sending HDMI signals instead through the port. I will extract a DSDT with MaciASL and put it up here if anyone would like to help me, or provide me with what exactly I need to patch the DSDT, assuming that DSDT will work with an AMD system. Maybe AppleHDA can be patched with the audio device ID. If anything else (kexts, etc) is needed, I will apply it if you can upload it for me. The only problem is that when saving the dsdt in the aml format, it would give me tons of errors and would never finish compiling. However, saving it as a Dissasembled ASL file worked, and I guess you can also open it and then compile it as AML.

Since I could not upload the file as aml(renamed) or ASL(original) I uploaded it with a TXT extension.

It worked. Just rename it to ASL to AML once you download it.

Many thanks ahead of time,

newhacker1746

Please, if you know something about my issue, please reply. There are many views but 0 replies.

Thanks