Yosemite Beta 4 USB Installer Graphics Issue (HD 4600)

ahmed_ais

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm having a problem booting from Yosemite beta 4 usb vanilla installer I made. I'm familiar with this procedure and had Beta 3 installed using Clover EFI but now I have this graphics issue with Beta 4.

The usb boots fine but I always get a graphic glitch as appears on the attached image. I've seen this before with Beta 3 and Mavericks which I solved by setting FakeID for graphics in Clover (0x04168086 / 0x80860416 / 0x0a268086) and selecting InjectEDID but none of this work with 10.10 Beta 4.

Any help is appreciated. My config.plist is attached and all my specs in my signature.

Thanks.

config.plist.zip

post-1381685-0-31126000-1412598065_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I'm having a problem booting from Yosemite beta 4 usb vanilla installer I made. I'm familiar with this procedure and had Beta 3 installed using Clover EFI but now I have this graphics issue with Beta 4.

The usb boots fine but I always get a graphic glitch as appears on the attached image. I've seen this before with Beta 3 and Mavericks which I solved by setting FakeID for graphics in Clover (0x04168086 / 0x80860416 / 0x0a268086) and selecting InjectEDID but none of this work with 10.10 Beta 4.

Any help is appreciated. My config.plist is attached and all my specs in my signature.

Thanks.

Invalid use of FakeID. Set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0.

Add nv_disable=1 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Well, first thank you for the reply. Second, why to put a flag to disable nvidia? I know my system have 2 nvidia cards but I removed the removable one and disabled the internal from bios so basically I'm running only using Intel HD4600.

Well, first thank you for the reply. Second, why to put a flag to disable nvidia? I know my system have 2 nvidia cards but I removed the removable one and disabled the internal from bios so basically I'm running only using Intel HD4600.

In that case, you would not need nv_disable=1. But the fact that you really don't have nvidia is not reflected in your signature (if you disable it from BIOS, it is as if you don't have it).

Alright, I only put the exact hardware details but it seems misleading, I'll edit it.

Do you have any suggestion otherwise? thanks.

Did you get rid of your bogus FakeID/IntelGFX setting yet?

You may also need to try different ig-platform-id values and/or inject EDID.