Preview corrupting images

kjp4756

13 posts in this topic

I use preview on a regular basis to rotate jpg images.  I'm currently on 10.10 14a379b (beta 4?) but have had problems with all public betas.  The problem I am having is if I rotate an image then save it the colors of the image become messed up.  

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  I'm wondering if it is a bug or if it's something related to my video card.  I was going to use feedback assistant to report the issue however I don't think it would go over too well with apple seeing an imac 11,3 with an nvidia 560ti video card.

I use preview on a regular basis to rotate jpg images.  I'm currently on 10.10 14a379b (beta 4?) but have had problems with all public betas.  The problem I am having is if I rotate an image then save it the colors of the image become messed up.  

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  I'm wondering if it is a bug or if it's something related to my video card.  I was going to use feedback assistant to report the issue however I don't think it would go over too well with apple seeing an imac 11,3 with an nvidia 560ti video card.

Same here any changes with preview corrupt the pic. In must use Fotor for fast editing or PS: It sucks. Let's wait to see what happens

Same here, frequent crashes and corrupted images with Preview and with all 10.10 betas - Haswell laptop, HD4400, Macbook Air SMBIOS 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running yosemite final now and still have this problem.  I did have someone with a new imac i7 rotate an image in preview and he had no issues doing so.

As far as i know, it happens only on mobile HD4400 - HD4600 Intel graphics. 

My HD4000 Desktop has no issue while my Lenovo HD4400 has the problem.

As far as i know, it happens only on mobile HD4400 - HD4600 Intel graphics.

My HD4000 Desktop has no issue while my Lenovo HD4400 has the problem.

I am using an nvidia 560ti with the latest web drivers and am having the issue
  • Like 1

It's getting worse ... I'm not able to select certain screen savers (word of the day and shell for example). System Preferences hangs and not respond for a couple of minutes then it may allow my to use the screen saver and may keep non responding until I force close it.