Clover 2941 updated and signed (Xcode 5.1 clang and GCC 4.9.1 built)

Andy Vandijck

32 posts in this topic

I am suddenly getting the OsxAptipFixDrv memory allotment error too now out of nowhere. Odd because it booted a few times fine.

I double checked and my slide=0 is still active. I wonder if its not being passed or if there is a bug in recent builds, since its similar to the errors when the address space randomization was first introduced..

OS X 10.10 PB 4 (not RC or RC2).

Requested Mem: 410B000 - A3D3FFF, Pages 62C9, Size: 62C9000

Reloc block: 6E526000 - 787E3FFF, Pages A2BE, Size: A2BE000

Reloc Block can handle mem request: 0 - A2BDFFF

Update: Worked on it a little more fresh install and wipe. Seemed somehow the system got corrupted with the prior build. Using 2941 (from here), 2940 official, or the former build from this site seems to break the ability to load a HFS+ filesystem for me. Also passing through to a Linux GRUB2 UEFI install just fails. Clover 2916 seems to work better for me but there are still some strange things. Then again I am using 10.10 dev previews now with an unsupported graphics card. ^.~

This 2941 also has some strange behaviors for me. For example it wants to keep adding the flag for the Nvidia web drivers even if I am setting it as nv_disable=1 plus there is some other strange behavior.

I would give logs and output, but I am unable to get the system up to the point of dumping and on screen it only shows that its loading up boot.efi and setting root device uuid before freezing up.

Update 2: all issues I have been having seems to be fixed in 2953. whee!

I want two different symbols in the Clover boot for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Is that possible? 

And why can not I use the title "boot from HD1 Legacy" does not change, so the

example is "boot from Windows 8.1 HD" or something?

@pinarek: If you’re talking about the icon, it can be changed to any image you’d like (as long as it’s a readable image format for Clover or base64 data) but you’ll need to create Custom Entries for them. There are several possibilities, read the descriptions.

<key>Entries</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Volume</key>
    <string>Volume name or GUID</string>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>ImagePath</string>
    <key>ImageData</key>
    <string>Image hex</string> OR <data>Image base64</data>
    <key>DriveImage</key>
    <string>ImagePath</string>
    <key>DriveImageData</key>
    <string>Image hex</string> OR <data>Image base64</data>
  </dict>
</array>

And to change a legacy’s entry name you can do it with a Custom Legacy Entry.

<key>Legacy</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Volume</key>
    <string>Volume name or GUID</string>
    <key>Title</key>
    <string>Display title</string>
  </dict>
<array>
  • Like 1