Clover 2941 updated and signed (Xcode 5.1 clang and GCC 4.9.1 built)

Andy Vandijck

32 posts in this topic

Thanks for the update.  Version 2936 failed to recognize what type of memory I had installed.  This one is better.  But there are so many new (to me) 64-bit EFI drivers.  Is there someplace where I can read what they are/do?

Thanks for the update.  Version 2936 failed to recognize what type of memory I had installed.  This one is better.  But there are so many new (to me) 64-bit EFI drivers.  Is there someplace where I can read what they are/do?

DumpUefiCalls is used to log everything your UEFI apps do (including boot.efi) to screen.

The others are FS drivers used to add support for those filesystems...

NOTE: They can be used in drivers64 too...

• Like 1

DumpUefiCalls is used to log everything your UEFI apps do (including boot.efi) to screen.

The others are FS drivers used to add support for those filesystems...

NOTE: They can be used in drivers64 too...

You mean drivers in Drivers64UEFI Folder can also be use in Drivers64 Folder too?

I updated Clover 2937.

I added support for BlockIo2 and DiskIo2 in rEFIt_UEFI.

I also added my (even more updated) efifs filesystem drivers to the build.

They now are fully fixed (added suggested fixes for FreePool and updated the sources to not use some GNU functions but instead directly define them as their UEFI equivalents).

The FS drivers are now about 50% in size of what they where and they really are a lot faster and more stable.

I also include AppleHFSPlus-32.efi and AppleHFSPlus-64.efi in the installer (Apple's HFSPlus EFI driver).

The Clover tools (bdmesg, etc...) are all built with signed binaries for i386 and x86_64, I used my apple developer certificate.

I also signed the .efi binaries using the certificates included in Clover.

I made some databases from those keys, they are included in the zip and installed to /etc/securebootdb along with the RC scripts.

The binaries included are PK, KEK and DB.

You can install these on some UEFI firmwares from within the UEFI BIOS menu (on AMI Aptio for example, as I tend to use those myself...).

I built this version of Clover with my own custom blend of gcc-4.9.1 and also updated the ebuild.sh script to accept -gcc49.

All nicely wrapped in the installer package, also built the 32-bit and 64-bit bootable .iso files.

Source diff is included... :D

Enjoy ;)

What about FSInject? Is it still needed or embedded in the bootloader?

Edit:

Already saw that the default drivers are installed too.

I tested your version of clover and it loads the cache so damned fast, incredible. :D

Everything is working fine, the only thing is that just the assembled memory modules are shown in the systemprofiler, which seems to be related to the source.

Thanks for your great work.

Edited by wastez

hi Andy, i have just only one problem with your modified Clover version...

Every entry is double....

Look at the attached Pictures, one is Official version (2936) (2939 same) and the other picture is your version (2937)...

Maybe the same problem is on official 2937 too, but i can't confirm, because i tested only 2936 and 2939...

Cheers :-)

EDIT:

Forgot to add bootlog :-)

post-735125-0-78324100-1412315648_thumb.jpg

post-735125-0-47982700-1412315653_thumb.jpg

boot.log.zip

Andy. I do not have permission to download? I'm registered and logged in here.

post-1145065-0-77006900-1412340036_thumb.png

UPDATED: Downloaded. 

Now Andy. I was wondering if it is to mark all your driver's UEFIx64 installation?

hi Andy, i have just only one problem with your modified Clover version...

Every entry is double....

Look at the attached Pictures, one is Official version (2936) (2939 same) and the other picture is your version (2937)...

Maybe the same problem is on official 2937 too, but i can't confirm, because i tested only 2936 and 2939...

EDIT:

Forgot to add bootlog :-)

2941 Works good!

But same Bug as on 2937 with double entrys...

Double entries occurred due to double protocols: BlockIo and BlockIo2.

Sorry Andy, we will implement your achievements step by step only after carefully examination.

• Like 5

Thanks for the update Andy :)

As slice pointed out, I get the disk checked twice with the 2 protocols.

If you could please fix this issue and re-upload, it'll be really appreciated. 

I also get some warnings:

found 5 volumes with blockIO

no WholeDiskBlockIO2: Unsupported

found 5 volumes with blockIO2

Warning: Can't get BlockIO2 protocol.

Double entries occurred due to double protocols: BlockIo and BlockIo2.

Sorry Andy, we will implement your achievements step by step only after carefully examination.

Is it possible to block or remove one of them? :-)