Mavericks on AMD FX 8320 - Working!

andrepepe

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

I'm new here! So be gentle! I'm new on Mac OS systems and I'm trying to learn how to work with it!

My Hardware setup is:

CPU: AMD FX 8320

MB: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 6670 2gb (Don't know the brand but I will find out)

Mac OS HD: CRUCIAL - MX100 2.5" Internal SSD - 256 GB

Storage HD: WD 2tb

Wifi Card: TP-Link tl-wn881nd

I manage to install my system through the Niresh version of Mac OS using the flags "amdfx -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes". The installation run without any problem. During the first system boot, I needed to run it as "SafeMode" as it crashed during the setup preferences.

To install the Bootloader, using the Chamaleon Wizard 2, however, when boot the system, I received the error boot0. Solved with the solution for 4k drives!

It's almost everything working on this system.

Audio - Working with Voodoo HDA drivers

Wifi - Working with kext for a different card (will find out which)

LAN - Working with the Realtek drivers through other drivers

App Store working without any extra step

Graphics Card is recognized as it should, however, I cannot get the best resolution through VGA (only 1280*1024).

To solve, and if you can help me with this, is very much appreciated:

CPU is not recognized (correct name) under "About this Mac", it's shown as 3.52ghz Unknow

USB 3.0 is not recognized (plug anything into the port and doesn't start

iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud don't login, even after follow almost all the tutorials online

Any suggestion to this setup? Anyone can help me to solve the pending issues?

Thank you very much for your attention!

Andre

You should post your query under AMD section so that people with AMD CPU system can help you solve your problem. You also need to let people know which Mac OS X version you installed into your rig.

Is it Mavericks 10.9 or Mountain Lion 10.8. If it is Mavericks or Mountain Lion, I recommend you read the following tool may help you solve your problem. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296669-hackintosh-vietnam-ultimate-aio-tool-for-hackintosh/

Good luck!

• Like 1

You should post your query under AMD section so that people with AMD CPU system can help you solve your problem. You also need to let people know which Mac OS X version you installed into your rig.

Is it Mavericks 10.9 or Mountain Lion 10.8. If it is Mavericks or Mountain Lion, I recommend you read the following tool may help you solve your problem. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296669-hackintosh-vietnam-ultimate-aio-tool-for-hackintosh/

Good luck!

I have an almost identical motherboard, the M5A78-LM-LX3 (No USB3)that I paired with an FX-4100 and HD 5570 (sapphire). Unbeatable combination. Right off the bat, I created a MyHack Installer, replaced mach_kernel with one of kronzokva's kernels, and I got full QE/CI first boot! I noticed also right off the bat that my board had an Atheros AR8161 chip, so I installed a linux port an it worked too. My CPU is recognized as a "Quad Core Intel Xeon" running at 3.6 Ghz. My DDr3-1333Mhz ram is fully detected, albeit at 400Mhz [reported] speed. I can extend displays, VGA+Displayport converted to hdmi passive adapter. DVI+VGA working too.

DVI=DP++HDMI Not tested. GPU is recognized as "AtI Radeon HD 5500/5600 Series 102"

Again My CPU is detected as something" but not the official name. However, in a  verbose boot, one of the first lines says something like: autodetectcpu.....until I clearly see AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor. It recognized all 8 threads of the cpu but the logical cores (emulated threads) are deactivated. Keep in mind all of this is run with a 64 bit kernel, Userland, kernel_task, and Finder.

All Apps launch, whether it be Chrome, Myhack (Wouldn't run in Phenom build with legacy kernel). Keep in mind you might as well forget about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and Sleep.