Mac OSX 10.9 or 10.10 on a VM in VMWare Workstation

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

i have a problem. I am a apple developer and need for iOS 8 Mac OS X 10.9 or 10.10, but i don't have a Mac only a VM.

My VM have the Version MacOSX 10.8, this vm running correctly, i test some other vm's with 10.9 or 10.10 but no one works. 

I have a AMD Processor. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Daniel  

I couldn't even get the installer to load on VB. That said, I got him through it and up to 10.9.4.

Huge thanks to Niresh (hopefully not a faux pas to use a distro) and deekay for the kernel!

I know Virtual Box gets a lot of enthusiasm, but frankly for all other uses I've found VMWare to have better performance. Virtual Box is simpler to use, with a better UI, but so far as I've tested it when I install OS other than OS X my VMWare installations are faster, especially when I'm using Windows in a VM with 3D acceleration enabled.

Glad to see you got things working...I too had quite a time of it.

Have you discovered XCode 6.0.1 has a problem compiling? On my VM's for 10.8.4 (XCode 5.1.1) and 10.9.4 (XCode 5.1.1 and 6.0.1) crash. Usually segmentation faults.

I managed to fix that, would be interested to read of your experience, and of which AMD CPU you're running.