Y510P can't see any WiFi network using Yosemite Beta 3

ahmed_ais

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm testing OS X Yosemite 10.10 Beta 3 on my Lenovo Y5109P. So far I'm up and running the basics but not the WiFi. I replaced my stock WiFi card to one that is supported by OS X and put IO80211Family.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10. OS X reads my WiFi card but can't see any of the available networks so can't connect to internet.

YQwI9S.png

I've searched and found this topic where the problem is found for DP4 and the solution was to replace the kext with another version that worked with DP3. I thought to test this kext but then OS X couldn't even turn on WiFi.

I know Yosemite is still in Beta, have some bugs, and have some changes that needs update on our side to catch up. But did any one had this problem with 10.10 beta 3 and was able to solve it?

My specs in my signature. I use Clover EFI as mentioned.

Kind Regards

Ahmed

Okay guys, for those who silently viewed this :) . I searched around and found the prober method to do it and it was either to edit DSDT or to inject Device ID as long as the card is supported. I injected Device ID and put the new modefied kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and it worked.

I'm connected to WiFi now though only 2G connections are available. This card (Broadcom BCM4352) is ac so it should support 5G connections as well (it does in Windows). Maybe I injected the wrong kext? One that supports only 2G?

Info:

I used stock IO80211Family.kext

I injected AirPortBrcm4360.kext with Vendor ID (14E4) and Device ID (43B1) (values from DPCIManager)

Update:
The patch in toleda's repository (introduced by Skvo) is outdated at the time of this post and is not working for Beta 3. Skvo introduced new patch for DP7 and up here which worked perfect for me. Below is the whole process to get it working perfectly.

The card (Broadcom BCM4352) will work in OS X 10.10 Beta 3 but needs IO80211Family.kext to be injected (to work) and patched (to support 5G). For Clover EFI users as me here's what to do:

• Copy IO80211Family.kext from /S/L/E to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 (we will only edit the one here to keep the system as vanilla as possible)
  • Injecting:
    • Using any plist editor, open IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist.
    • Add an entry for your card Device ID to the list of Device ID's under IONameMatch key.
    • Save the file and close the editor.
  • Patching:
    • Follow up this thread to get the latest working patch
    • Open Terminal, mount EFI partition, and cd to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10
    • Paste this command (replacing the patch code if changed) sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x58\x54\x00\x2B\x18\x2C\x21\x00\x20|\x58\x54\x08\x0A\x36\x1C\x47\x00\x0A|g' IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360
    • Close the Terminal
  • Reboot and WiFi should be working with all networks including 5G are available

I hope this helps someone who may need it.