Using Ozmosis with prebuilt ROM from a site?

Shane 2

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've finished a quite stable Hackintosh with Clover already, and I want to take things to the next step.

I stumbled upon this Firmware boot loader, Ozmosis, however, it's quite complicated.

So, I want to go with a firmware provided by this site: Hackintosh-Forum.De (http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=17262)

My question is, has anyone tried firmware from this site, does it work?

(I'm not promoting this site in anyway, as I haven't even tried it.)

That is where I got the one for my board after building my own failed to load the on-board graphics I use. Now if you have on-board sound enabled like I have then it will most likely fail with a panic on boot for the voodohda that is included is only for alc 892 & 1150 if my memory serves me. You will need a windows install and MMTool to delete that  from the BIOS before you install it if either of those are not on your board. You can get the same 2.8.6 version of the voodohda on here that will work fine if you use it. BTW it is best to list your system specifications in your signature so people can better advise you when you post and not have to ask what they are first.