HP Elitebook 8440p sleep problem

rtenk

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have a almost fully working HP elite book 8440p i5 560M with mavericks 10.9.4 and clover as boot loader.

Except the brightness keys, the SD card reader ( ricoh) and sleep, everything works like a charm. Thanks to all the forum posts i went trough, i came this far, thanks a lot!

The thing i really need help with, is the sleep function, i have tried a lot, but the elitebook just stays awake. As soon as i hotkey sleep, or go to mac-> sleep, the screen turns black, i hear a cracking sound, the same sound as when the notebook restarts, and the fan stays on, the leds keep on and its not powering down. I can't get it back up, i have to hold the power button, to turn it on.

If someone would be able to help me out on this, i would be very happy!

I attached my dsdt.aml and config.plist and smbios. If my dsdt needs some patching.. please let me know!

If someone has managed to get the ricoh card reader to work, and the display brightness please share your tips. Searched the entire internet but did not managed so far.

Archief.zip

Update...

I found the solution for my sleep problem... it was caused by the usb wifi adapter. When plugged in, nothing happened. When plugged out, sleep was working fine!

So any tips on brightness and the sd card reader are welcome!