ASUS X550CC HD 4000 black screen on Mavericks

saulotmalo

29 posts in this topic

Dear Rehabman,

Long story:

Trying to roll back the Kext to the originals I end up on the system not working :(. But, that gave me the time to think what I was doing wrong. I though, there is nothing more clean than the instalation USB so until it works there is no point on keep on with tryin an error in my distribution if the installer doesn't work. So I tried to change my value of ig-platform-id to around 8 times...never work. I consider then that either clover was wrong or I was wrong. So I reviewed my clover config.plist file... and there was the error! I did put graphics and injectIntel... but inside of GUI cathegory. it was a huge noob mistake but we learn from them :).

You where right all the time long and now it works (at least the installer) :) thanks everyone for the support, I guess now it will be new challenges, Mouse, customize keyboard, sound, wiffi, motherboard, but now i have the basics! thanks a lot.

Sad to lose one week for this stupid issue ;)

Short story:

It works

Thanks to all for this incredible support, I would never have been able to fix this by myself

Dear Rehabman,

Long story:

Trying to roll back the Kext to the originals I end up on the system not working :(. But, that gave me the time to think what I was doing wrong. I though, there is nothing more clean than the instalation USB so until it works there is no point on keep on with tryin an error in my distribution if the installer doesn't work. So I tried to change my value of ig-platform-id to around 8 times...never work. I consider then that either clover was wrong or I was wrong. So I reviewed my clover config.plist file... and there was the error! I did put graphics and injectIntel... but inside of GUI cathegory. it was a huge noob mistake but we learn from them :).

You where right all the time long and now it works (at least the installer) :) thanks everyone for the support, I guess now it will be new challenges, Mouse, customize keyboard, sound, wiffi, motherboard, but now i have the basics! thanks a lot.

Sad to lose one week for this stupid issue ;)

Short story:

It works

Thanks to all for this incredible support, I would never have been able to fix this by myself

LOL... This is the problem of posting config.plist snippets instead of the entire file. It would have been obvious to anyone experienced with Clover if you had posted the entire file.

We all assumed you were placing it in the correct section.

• Like 1

Yes, small mistake took me 1 week of work and overhead for all you :( but now I know that I should triple check file format.

Also I can't post config.plist it always says I don't have right to post this kind of files.

BTW, I successfully boot, it runs pretty smooth (HDMI doesn't work now) but not a showstopper for me.

Also I can't post config.plist it always says I don't have right to post this kind of files.

Use ZIP.

BTW, I successfully boot, it runs pretty smooth (HDMI doesn't work now) but not a showstopper for me.

Probably because of your patched/hacked kext.