ASUS X550CC HD 4000 black screen on Mavericks

saulotmalo

29 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have an assus i3 with HD4000+nvidia 720.

In order to install mac I had to use an HDMI because my laptop screen was totally black.

I did installed the latest drivers from this page for HD3000+H4000

I have tried to configure the EDID of my monitor to force the resolution but it didn't solve the problem

The only way to show my screen is by disabling HD 4000 injection on Clover, but then the resolution is very small 1024x780.

Right now I'm totally stuck and I don't know how to fix the HD 4000 to enable the native driver with more resolutions and hardware acceleration.

My objective of having Hackintosh is to port some games I did in Android to Mac but I don't have righ now 1000$(20.000.000 of the currency of my current country ;) ) to buy a mac. 

Thanks,

Note: 

I'm new to this forums, but I've been reading a lot and trying a lot of test before asking, so any help will be welcome!.

Dear Mendietinha,

Thanks for your quick answer!

I will try to follow your instructions, For the ketxs of nvidia, but I read in the forum that 720m was not supported, that's why I didn't tried to install it.

How can I use the correct platform ID and rebuild caches and permissions? is there any tutorial I can follow?

For the SO I'm using Mavericks 10.9 (I think this one had the biggest compatibility)

I'm sorry I'm not too good with mac yet :(

hello

read here about platform-id

Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id    

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#ig-platform-id

start to trying 1660003 and 4 .. must usual

use a util like kext wizard to repair ur permissions and rebuild cache

good hack

Dear Arthur-pt,

I tried clover using the flag IntelCapriFB=X (from 1 to 11) but I still receive the same issue. To tell you the true, I don't know even if this is doing something.

I think the kext is okay, I mean, when I launch using HDMI My card is reconized as intel HD 4000, and I can see full HD resolution and everything works normally.

I can't know by now where does the problem comes from. Is there any way to get log to know why my screen is black?

A little more of information here is what happens:

- Clover screen: Works

- Console screen: Works

- Graphic: Black screen (totally off)

- Graphic: if here I click Fn+Screen change, the screen will show the Console screen. If I press Fn+Screen change more times it doesn't work back to the black screen

Any one knows why I have this symptom so we can try to focus on the root of the problem?

Regards,

Oscar

Dear Mendletlnha,

I think that can be the problem indeed, IGPlatformID seems only to be for Chameleon... I feel a little stupid trying

I will try later at home with the following paramenter: ig-platform-id = 0x01660000 [...]

Can I add this parameter in the clover string (same as when I add  -x -v -f )? Otherwise if I have to restart every time and enter into windows to update the plist it will take me hours to test all of them.

Also, is there any way to know if the parameter is being entered? I fear because is very easy to miss something or mistake the syntax if there is no feedback from clover

Regards,

Dear all, 

I just tried as said in my previous post  ig-platform-id = 0x01660000 for all the possible combinations, but yet still I don't see any change.

When I go to graphics options of clover I see that there is no option ig-platform-id.

Also I'm not sure if ig-platform-id will fix black screen issue.

Any idea on what should I try next?

Regards,

Oscar

Dear all,

Just a quick update, I have attached the ioreg -l output with and without fixing parameter (ig-platform-id=0x1660004) in clover

It is very strange, that in both the string that they show is:

09006601 (little endian) ==> 01660009

I think the problem may be on the way that I'm setting the ig-platform-id parameter, any easy tutorial for this?

Regards,

Oscar

bootwithoutigplatformparameter.txt.txt

1660004.txt

Dear all,

Thanks for your help I start to believe the issue can be fix.

For the time being still no luck I tried with the following config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Path</key>
					<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>Graphics</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ig-platform-id</key>
			<string>0x1660004</string>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>iclover</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

But I still get the same IG platform id 1660009. Do I have any problem in my file?

Dear all,

Thanks for your help I start to believe the issue can be fix.

For the time being still no luck I tried with the following config file:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Path</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>Graphics</key>
		<dict>
			<string>0x1660004</string>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>iclover</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
But I still get the same IG platform id 1660009. Do I have any problem in my file?

You might need dart=0 (Boot/Arguments). ig-platform-id has no effect without Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

Dear Rehabman,

I tried with dart=0, also I always go with the option InjectIntel 

Dear mendietinha,

I tried to read through the thread and follow all the steps. Even though I have modified the config.plist my ig-platform-id remains 01660009 (you can see the ioreg -l dumps).

Is it possible that my clover version is too old and doesn't support ig-platform-id flag? (in clover options the version is called 2k)

I have already tried to replicate a USB with the latest version, but I always get kernel panics when trying to get it to work, so I would prefer avoid creating a bootable clover version.

Thanks all for your support, I'm really trying my best, this is my first time and I'm still in my learning curve, I'm very happy of all that I have accomplished so far. And I think that I still can finish it.

Dear rehab,

I added dart=0 in the option list

You need to inject intel too. And you need to experiment with various ig-platform-id values. Common ones are:

0x01660003 (usually for 1366x768 HD4000)

0x01660004 (usually for 1600x900 and higher HD4000)

0x01660008 (alternate HD4000)

0x01660009 (another alternate HD4000)

Dear all,

I tried creating a new USB bootloader with the latest version of clover (september this year).

I tried with the following config.plist and with the flags dart=0 UseKernelCache=N

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Path</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>Graphics</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Intel</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<string>0x01660003</string>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>iclover</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I still have the same issue after trying all the possible configurations requested for my card. 

Am I doing something bad? I see that after injecting my card the ig-platform-id from ioreg -l dump is still the same. Is this normal?

At this moment I don't know what else to try. I've been reading that compiling your own DSDT and injecting directly there can be a better way to ensure that the injection is working. But I fear breaking everything... As compiling DSDT seems complicated.

Any suggestion?

Dear all,

I tried creating a new USB bootloader with the latest version of clover (september this year).

I tried with the following config.plist and with the flags dart=0 UseKernelCache=N

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Path</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<key>Graphics</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Intel</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>iclover</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I still have the same issue after trying all the possible configurations requested for my card. 

Am I doing something bad? I see that after injecting my card the ig-platform-id from ioreg -l dump is still the same. Is this normal?

At this moment I don't know what else to try. I've been reading that compiling your own DSDT and injecting directly there can be a better way to ensure that the injection is working. But I fear breaking everything... As compiling DSDT seems complicated.

Any suggestion?

UseKernelCache is only for Chameleon.

What do you mean 'ig-platform-id... is still the same'? Same as what?

You really should fill out your signature with your hardware details. And the flags you say you're using are not reflected in Boot/Arguments in your config.plist.

Dear Rehabman,

I change the ig-platform-id in clover, by using the options string, or the config.plist to use 0x0166003(I tried all the options).

When I boot mac Os X using HDMI and check ioreg -l command to show the current registry of devices the device is always 09 00 66 01 (little endian for ) 01 66 00 09, it never changes to 01 66 00 09.

For this reason I think that the flags I'm using into clover are not being useful, as they are not reflected in the operative system.

Please let me know if I misunderstood something.

At this moment I'm trying to customize DSDT with the following code:

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x02)\n
{\n
"AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01\n <-- put your ig platform value here.
}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end

But I always get compilation errors (even  though I set up already DGPT)

Dear Rehabman,

I change the ig-platform-id in clover, by using the options string, or the config.plist to use 0x0166003(I tried all the options).

When I boot mac Os X using HDMI and check ioreg -l command to show the current registry of devices the device is always 09 00 66 01 (little endian for ) 01 66 00 09, it never changes to 01 66 00 09.

For this reason I think that the flags I'm using into clover are not being useful, as they are not reflected in the operative system.

Please let me know if I misunderstood something.

At this moment I'm trying to customize DSDT with the following code:

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x02)\n
{\n
"AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01\n <-- put your ig platform value here.
}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end
But I always get compilation errors (even  though I set up already DGPT)

What is the resolution of your laptop screen?

Also, post ioreg with IORegistryExplorer v2.1 if you want me to look at your current setup.

Dear Rehabman,

My resolution is: 1366x768.

I have attached the IORegistry report using v2.1 as you indicated ( I can't upload here for some reason)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22861285241871667677

You can see that there the ig-platform-id remains 0x01660009. But the config.plist of clover that I'm using it's: 0x01660003.

<key>Graphics</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Intel</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

I've been reading that you can insert the ig-platform-id in several ways (EFI or clover options, DSDT and directly into the kext) I wonder if the problem can be that the kext driver for HD4k I'm using are overriding the value from clover (as I understand kext are load after clover injection).

Thanks for your support! (not only for me but also to the whole community)

Dear Mendietinha,

I'm using the following kext (AFAIK those are the drivers to use with HD 4000)

http://www.niresh.co/hackintosh-downloads/file/127-intel-hd-3000-hd-4000-driver-for-mavericks-109/

Thanks,

Forget about that stuff. Use vanilla kexts and vanilla install method.

Your 0x1660009 could be coming from a device-properties string.