[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

So the current tutorial is good to follow then?

@midi sad to hear that :( I'll pray for your vaio! Ahah

I just finished installing os x and the patches and kexts, I donno why, I got some random KPs while installing it, and that damn disk utility! Omg it's useless! GIMME BACK MAH UTILITAH! Now I just have to install win 8.1 and stuff :3 after that I'll consider rewriting the whole guide! (Sorry for the delay and laziness, since I got my tablet osxed i totally forgot about my svs!!!)

i didn't apply any patch on DSDT yet man, because it won't let me. When I hit compile iALS returns the list of messages and warnings. How do I ignore them and continue to compile?

thanks again

Yeah! Just forget about them, they are like "suggestions" just ignore them and proceed to the patching. Unless you get a Red stop icon, you just compile the DSDT and proceed with the next steps!

I just finished installing os x and the patches and kexts, I donno why, I got some random KPs while installing it, and that damn disk utility! Omg it's useless! GIMME BACK MAH UTILITAH! Now I just have to install win 8.1 and stuff :3 after that I'll consider rewriting the whole guide! (Sorry for the delay and laziness, since I got my tablet osxed i totally forgot about my svs!!!)

Yeah! Just forget about them, they are like "suggestions" just ignore them and proceed to the patching. Unless you get a Red stop icon, you just compile the DSDT and proceed with the next steps!

Yeah man, In theory that's what should happen, but I haven't found the button to ignore them. Can you give me a hint? (sorry for the dumb question)

nvm it already compiled after the summary. I could have had a V8.

1) Did you apply the patch given for usb series 7/8 (NOT MUTEX) and the EHC renaming as statd before?
2) Did you patch the other stuff on DSDT as I stated on my guide?
3) Did you install the DummyHDA and added the clover patches on the config as stated on my post and the new added patch in the last few posts?
4) the multi-touch work only for scrollinh, three finger swipes need to be configured under Keyboard> Shortcuts > select an action and swipe.
The dsdt looks fine, no errors, just ignore the warnings.

just to confirm, DO NOT PATCH MUTEX correct?

nvm it already compiled after the summary. I could have had a V8.

just to confirm, DO NOT PATCH MUTEX correct?

Even if you use Multiplex, you have to change 1 line so it works. You should read the guide. It's stated in step 22.

But in this case if you install El Capitan you must not use USB 3 Multiplex patch. Read my posts before on how to fix USB in El Capitan.

Was anything different from the original guide for Yosemite or Mavericks compared to the install for El Capitan?

I plan on installing El Capitan first then installing windows 7, and then upgrading to Windows 10 from 7.

I'm going to be installing on a fresh 1 TB hard drive.

Thanks!

Here is a list of things that changed in El Capitan:

• no "kext-dev-mode" but new System Integrity Protection (SIP) or "rootless"
  • New USB Drivers
  • New AppleHDA patch
  • CodecCommander no longer works in EFI folder > must be in S/L/E
  • New BT4LE Handoff Hotspot patch & kext
  • New Backlight patch & kext
  • New Boot Glitch patch
  • Like 2

Here is a list of things that changed in El Capitan:

• no "kext-dev-mode" but new System Integrity Protection (SIP) or "rootless"
  • New USB Drivers
  • New AppleHDA patch
  • CodecCommander no longer works in EFI folder > must be in S/L/E
  • New BT4LE Handoff Hotspot patch & kext
  • New Backlight patch & kext
  • New Boot Glitch patch

So wheninstalling El Capitan I habe to do this list of patches instead of the patches for Yosemite?

Basically the initial install of El Capitan compared to Yosemite, is the same except thepost-installation of the drivers and patches listed above? I was planning on following the original post for Yosemite but install El Capitan instead.

I found a tutorial for Windows 10 and El Capitan, and it is practically the same as this guide, but the post installation

ok, just make sure you remember this: this is a guide specific for our model, those are mostly generic, and for post install, it's not the same as on videos, so please, follow the post install from here, and follow what have been said about 10.11 on the latests posts, it's that much but just 2 or 3 changes that's all, im rewriting the guide as we speak, I may post tomorrow or today, donno.

ok, just make sure you remember this: this is a guide specific for our model, those are mostly generic, and for post install, it's not the same as on videos, so please, follow the post install from here, and follow what have been said about 10.11 on the latests posts, it's that much but just 2 or 3 changes that's all, im rewriting the guide as we speak, I may post tomorrow or today, donno.

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far.

Reporting back after some messing around. Patched DSDT according to 10.10 guide and left out MUTEX.

Backed up DSDT and replaced EFI volume Clover DSDT with patched version

Restarted and got Kernl panic, removed patched DSDT in terminal but still getting kernl panic.

Possible reason: though I used newer versions of kexts (mostly from RehabMan) in the 10.11 install, I also used some kexts that are known not to work in .11, namely, CodexCommander, GenericUSB, these things might have caused a problem when the new DSDT was loaded.

Aanways, I'm going to wait for Midi to post his new guide. 

P.S I was trying to get launch control and coundn't get 3 finger gestures to work based on VoodooSP2Controller kext. I also saw VoodooTouchpad on Rehab's Git, not sure whats the difference is. Some clarification would be nice.

Correct!

also, I think i might have possibly solved a error during pre-install by disabling dedicated graphics and virtualization. Could be useful to some users

@peppershaker

Read post 294 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300906-guide-install-mavericksyosemite-on-sony-vaio-s-2012-and-other-uefi-capable-vaios/page-15?do=findComment&comment=2184070

I think it's best to wait for an updated guide. If midi doesn't update, I will create a completely new guide.

Could younpost it here, ill ask an admin to move it to the 1st post as an updated guide, mine is outdated! Thank you very much!

Addition to the usb fix from @johnrey, just make sure you also use "Inject" and "FixOwnership" in Device-USB part of the clover config.

I stuck in kernel panic for so long before realizing this (even with the new patched DSDT).

Hey man do you mind listing all patches you applied to the dsdt

Hey man do you mind listing all patches you applied to the dsdt

About dsdt, I did exactly what is in the main guide, start from part "21)".  except [usb] USB3 Multiplex.

Then, follow @johnrey's update post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic.../page-15#entry2184070

For post-installation, such as clover config, I refered @johnrey's list http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic.../page-17#entry2184732