[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

SO!

I have everything ready to go now... Backed up the recovery on a 32go usb stick (it asked for 7 dvds. nop nop nop, I got a usb stick just for this.)

played with my partitions today and, fortunately, everything is running fine! No more recovery ;)

http://puu.sh/l4ZOU/59c4ca37d9.png

Shall I wait for an updated tutorial or eveything should be fine the way it is (if I go with yosemite?)

Thank you :D

@cloud125000

You could already start playing around if you feel comfortable doing so. It's a good start to learn the basics. I would say "why not?". Mavericks and Yosemite are 'easier' to install and get working.

@peppershakre

With Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kexts you get more-than-two-finger gestures. Three-finger-swipes for things like Mission Controller, Space Changing and Application Windows. No pinch to zoom (yet). https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

Hi,

I just upgraded my SVS with i5 cpu from 10.10 to 10.11. thanks to @johnrey, all USB works natively now! :thumbsup_anim:

However, I find other things that used to work in yosemite being broken:

- no sound. I also tried the Mirone's AppleHDA 10.11 patch for ALC275, but with no luck.

- sleep is broken. as soon as I put it to sleep, it will wake up automatically in 1s.

- HD4000's HDMI port patch has no effect. This means I can not use my external screen...!!!  :(

Really hope somebody can help me out, especially the HDMI, mine is the high resolution hd4000. Maybe I didn't choose the right configuration in Clover?

happy hack to all!

@cloud125000

You could already start playing around if you feel comfortable doing so. It's a good start to learn the basics. I would say "why not?". Mavericks and Yosemite are 'easier' to install and get working.

@peppershakre

With Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kexts you get more-than-two-finger gestures. Three-finger-swipes for things like Mission Controller, Space Changing and Application Windows. No pinch to zoom (yet). https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

So the current tutorial is good to follow then?

@midi sad to hear that :( I'll pray for your vaio! Ahah

• Like 1

Hi,

I just upgraded my SVS with i5 cpu from 10.10 to 10.11. thanks to @alphaomega, all USB works natively now! :thumbsup_anim:

However, I find other things that used to work in yosemite being broken:

- no sound. I also tried the Mirone's AppleHDA 10.11 patch for ALC275, but with no luck.

- sleep is broken. as soon as I put it to sleep, it will wake up automatically in 1s.

- HD4000's HDMI port patch has no effect. This means I can not use my external screen...!!!  :(

Really hope somebody can help me out, especially the HDMI, mine is the high resolution hd4000. Maybe I didn't choose the right configuration in Clover?

happy hack to all!

Rebuild permissions & cache and restart twice. What config do you use? ig-platform 3 or 4? The HDMI patch remains the same.

So the current tutorial is good to follow then?

@midi sad to hear that :( I'll pray for your vaio! Ahah

It's outdated but it works if you follow it exactly.. for Mavericks or Yosemite. It will not work this way with El Capitan. 

I forgot something. In El Capitan there is a new codec 0x11D41983 which must not be loaded. Otherwise AppleHDA has no sound output.

To disable it in Clover, this patch is needed:

Name: AppleHDA

Find: 8319D411

Replace: 00000000

• Like 1

Rebuild permissions & cache and restart twice. What config do you use? ig-platform 3 or 4? The HDMI patch remains the same.

It's outdated but it works if you follow it exactly.. for Mavericks or Yosemite. It will not work this way with El Capitan.

I forgot something. In El Capitan there is a new codec 0x11D41983 which must not be loaded. Otherwise AppleHDA has no sound output.

Name: AppleHDA

Replace: 00000000

Is there a simpler way to make everything work now? With less hack or anything?

Or everything is quite the same?

Is there a simpler way to make everything work now? With less hack or anything?

It's common with Clover to use patches like this so you don't have to re-patch certain files after every update.

Do you use VoodooHDA or native AppleHDA for Audio? This patch applies only to AppleHDA as the name suggests.

I can't say if only rebuilding cache & permission will work for VoodooHDA.

I forgot something. In El Capitan there is a new codec 0x11D41983 which must not be loaded. Otherwise AppleHDA has no sound output.

Name: AppleHDA

Replace: 00000000

I have this patch, got it from toleda. Omg this guide needs an update, im too lazy now and have {censored} ton of work in addition to this guide ???

• Like 1

I forgot something. In El Capitan there is a new codec 0x11D41983 which must not be loaded. Otherwise AppleHDA has no sound output.

Name: AppleHDA

Replace: 00000000

Thanks for the new patch and tips! the sound is back, I always forgot to restart twice, not enough patient, lol.

My HDMI is also on, magic! :thumbsup_anim:

You need to enable the responsible ports in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri by either patching the kext itself or adding Clover patches.

Note: Your DSDT needs hda-gfx=onboard-1 injected into GFX0/IGPU and HDEF devices.

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Find: 020500000004000007040000

Replace: 020500000008000006000000

Comment: HDMI-audio HD4000, port 0205

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Find: 030400000004000081000000

Replace: 030400000008000006000000

Comment: HDMI-audio HD4000, port 0304

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Find: 040600000004000081000000

Replace: 040600000008000006000000

Comment: HDMI-audio HD4000, port 0406

These are patches from Rehabman's OS X Clover Laptop repo.

Can someone please share their clover files for USB install. I'm getting stuck and I'm postulating its kexts related.

Thanks !

Boot in verbose mode to see what's the problem.

• Like 1

Dude! The zip doesnt have any config.plist! Looks like you've been skipping steps, no?

Hey man, I added the config.plist as according to the guide. Now I got El Cap installed. However I'm stuck on the DSDT patching step, it's returning compilation errors even before applying any patches.

http://imgur.com/yedjMHM

Problems so far

- Top usb not working

- Restart on wake

- No sound

- Touchpad not registering more than 2 fingers, and back gesture not working in Safari

1) Did you apply the patch given for usb series 7/8 (NOT MUTEX) and the EHC renaming as statd before?
2) Did you patch the other stuff on DSDT as I stated on my guide?
3) Did you install the DummyHDA and added the clover patches on the config as stated on my post and the new added patch in the last few posts?
4) the multi-touch work only for scrollinh, three finger swipes need to be configured under Keyboard> Shortcuts > select an action and swipe.
The dsdt looks fine, no errors, just ignore the warnings.

1) Did you apply the patch given for usb series 7/8 (NOT MUTEX) and the EHC renaming as statd before?

2) Did you patch the other stuff on DSDT as I stated on my guide?

3) Did you install the DummyHDA and added the clover patches on the config as stated on my post and the new added patch in the last few posts?

4) the multi-touch work only for scrollinh, three finger swipes need to be configured under Keyboard> Shortcuts > select an action and swipe.

The dsdt looks fine, no errors, just ignore the warnings.

i didn't apply any patch on DSDT yet man, because it won't let me. When I hit compile iALS returns the list of messages and warnings. How do I ignore them and continue to compile?

thanks again