[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

Normally it should be, but remeber, DO NOT SAHRE YOUR SERIALS, as long as your mac and hack have the same serials and the same account connected to it on both of them, you should fear nothing, but if you cant iMessage/FT for some reason, just log off from your account on imessage/FT on both devices (im not talking about icloud) then keep it like that for 3 to 4 days and reconnect, it should work.

Normally it should be, but remeber, DO NOT SAHRE YOUR SERIALS, as long as your mac and hack have the same serials and the same account connected to it on both of them, you should fear nothing, but if you cant iMessage/FT for some reason, just log off from your account on imessage/FT on both devices (im not talking about icloud) then keep it like that for 3 to 4 days and reconnect, it should work.

Hi Midi, how did u use real mac ROM and MLB to activate iMess and Facetime?

I followed another guide and in Clover at Rt Variables, after input ROM and MLB from real mac, I got "no value" aat SerialNumber, also when I run iMessagedebug, I got serialnumber : failed. Is that ok or any helps? Thank y

• 4 weeks later...

I have 7650m and the other gpu (hd4000) is locked by Sony. 

I've dumped my edid, tried Ipomoea and Pondweed fbnames tried with and without rom dump but I always end up with ''** GPU HARDWARE VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled)'' error.  icon_neutral.gif

Amd + Intel HD willnever work, sorry (only intel will work) and trust me, I tried and I've seen the guide you commented on, it's not worth the try it's useless. Use windows to use your AMD graphic card.

• 2 months later...

Hello! Got working Yosemite, thanks to this guide! )

I have SVS15 ( i5-3210, GT 640 M LE). Met some troubles, when tried to install:

installer not starts without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Patch;

installed os x also not starts after restart without nv_disable=1 in boot args;

some messages "No such file or directory" in terminal (solved by using Finder);

brightness level changing only after install ACPIBacklight kext;

sleep-wake leads to black screen, but after adjusting level by Fn-Del or Fn-Break screen is ok.

Is there any way to enable hibernate on power off button just like in Windows?

Sorry for bad english. (

• Like 1

Great to hear that! Btw, can you check something for me since you have a VAIO too, if you still havent updated your UEFI/BIOS (dont btw), reboot to windows and tell me if your ram shows the right speed in Mhz (normally 1600MHz)?

Thanks, and please if you start seeing some weird stuff happening to your vaio please report it here right away!

:)

The RAM is clocked at 1333 MHz, not 1600 MHz.. And even if you install one with 1600 MHz, it will run at 1333 MHz because the stock RAM which can't be ejected is clocked at 1333MHz and your RAM is only as fast as your slowest RAM stick.

Sorry, I would want to but now I discontinued this project long ago (my HDD failed and my UEFI FW is messed up and my ram too) and I have no intention to go back to OS X projects until I get an adequate device for it (now that my 1TB hdd failed (hopefully I saved my files :3) I'm using an old SATA 1.5Gbps 60GB HDD (feel my pain please)).

I would like to ask a moderator to give the writing permission to someone esle that wishes to keep the project. (I hope this is possible)

Yo midi, prepare to update the guide. Remove GenericUSBXHCI and the USB 3.0 Clover patches, use Rehabman's FakePCIID and XHCI Mux will get your USB 2.0/3.0 work OOB

Yo @vusun123 and @midi, just for report about Rehabman's FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux....

Here works OOB - Look the pic below:

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 3.51.30 PM.png

Mavericks:

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 4.07.12 PM.png

Tested in Yosemite - Ok

Tested in Mavericks - Ok

Removed GenericUSBXHCI and boot-args: -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle

I've never used patches for USB 3 on my config.plist, so, i just made what i talked above and the USBs 2.0/3.0 works good here.

And don't break my Sleep/Hibernation....

Sorry @midi for off-topic  :blush:

Hmm, Allan, do you have this serie of VAIO? :huh:

No, no no - It's just a report about  FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux  :)

The only thing that we have in similarity is the Chipset. 7 series right?

(what off-topic?  :huh: )

The things about RehabMan's kexts....decayed.gif

PS: Topic updated about Mavericks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ParsiMan

I did, i just cant try it atm, my HDD is failling and I' m mostly working on windows due to the need for the Nvidia GPU performances. ASA I get my hand on a new HDD, I might reconsider continuing on this guide, for now it's paused (or discontinued, still not sure) until then.

Meanwhile, have you tried Pause/Break and Del buttons (use then with Fn switch)?

They work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi midi!

Glad to hear you might continue this project!

After some time.. I think its time for me to install osx on my svs13.

Should I change the wifi chip before or I can change it after completing the installation?

this card should be good ? http://www.amazon.ca/Atheros-AR5B195-Wireless-Bluetooth-Single-chip/dp/B009GAWMTM

ir this one ? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B00Q4HY4KA/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new(for faster delivery)

Do you think El Capitan would work on our device?

Anyway, should I format my whole drive before attempting? I kinda like the recovery partition that came with the laptop (even if its 3years old...)

I think I will try to install it over a working 8.1 installation.. (Convert to GPT, shrink windows partition and install osx on the new partition)

Also! even tho it's a question from a couple of month ago.. my ram seems to be {censored}ed up or something anyhow http://puu.sh/l1Dd5/49c6dcf7d3.png

Thanks!

Ps. The last time I installed osx on a laptop was on a old netbook 1000HE and its been some time since then ahah