[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

U sure you made your usb correctly? Ok, remake it but this time format it MBR, make 2 partitions: one name it Clover (and it should be Fat32, aka MSDOS), the other name it OSX (or whatever, it should be hfs+). After that, do the same steps, and instead of EFI partition, you will have the Clover partition, same thing btw. Then open your UEFI Settings, go to boot, use F5/F6 anf make external devices the first in boot order. Save with F10 and reboot. Tell me if it workz

I just tried to make the Clover partition to see if it is bootable but still be samthing. stuck at vaio logo after 3 or 4 times flashing. I wonder if there is something wrong with my config.plist?

My laptop has 2 graphic cards HD4000 and NVIDIA GT640M. I checked only HD4000 Low and High resolution in Hackinstosh Vietnam tool. Is it correct?

Dude, WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING? Stick to the guide. I really dont know what are you doing but it looks like you're doing it wrong. Look, power off the pc, plug the usb, click on Assist, select usb booting, and see, if does not work, remake your usb, and it better be a flash usb not a external hdd, and change it for another USB if it still give the same problem until you get to clover.

Boot in your usb installer, and then open Terminal, type diskutil list, then find your HDD (check the size) and thenread its mount point (it should be like diskX, where X is a number) and then type diskutil mount diskXs1 (where X is the number you looked for) then cd /V*/EFI , then rm EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml (change ssdt.aml to whatever you named it, it should be ssdt.aml normally), then type reboot (only if there is no output of the previous command, if there is an error, just cd to the patched folder and check the file you need to remove and use rm command to do so).

As I said, you need to check your codec, open DPCIManager and you will see it, if not, go to the AIO guide (link at the end of the 1st post) and see how you can get your codec and patch applehda for it. Or if you're too lazy, then go for voodoohda which is not the optimal solution since you may need to fix it after all, good luck.