Stuck on [PCI Configuration Begin] after installation?

kcraptor82

10 posts in this topic

I have tried several different way to get into my recent installation of Mavericks, but with no luck. I have seen many guides showing that it is possible to do this with the hardware I have, but yet I can't seem to make it work. I have the following hardware:

• Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 Ports
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
  • Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770
  • GIGABYTE GV-N660WF2-2GD REV2 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready (2x)
  • HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX (2x) Total 16GB
  • Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S3D7/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Cooler Master Seidon 240M – All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System with 240mm Radiator and 2 Fans
  • FirePower Fatal1ty 550W 80Plus Bronze Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply 750FTY

So from this, my system should be able to handle this without a problem? Here is what I have done so far:

I followed this guide to install OS X Mavericks: 

This created issues also. But thankfully I have had a Mountain Lion 10.8.3 working within a VMware Workstation for awhile. I used it to create the USB installer with the guide provided. Now at first the USB wouldn't boot and I kept getting stalled at the [PCI Configuration Begin]. So after doing some digging around I ended up with this solution:

Now after I downloaded the no_NPCI package and used "Kext Wizard" to install them into the S/L/E location the USB installer would load after I used the -v -f -x

So I installed the OS X Mavericks like the guide says, etc and after reboot I try to boot into the fresh install and a no go. Stalls at the [PCI Configuration Begin] yet again!

I have tried these combos and none of them help:
-v -f -x
npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000

Also I have configured my BIOS to match these settings:
  • Disabled Wake on LAN (Need this in the near future)
  • Disabled Intel Virtualization technology (Need this enabled for my VMWare on my Windows install)
  • Enabled EHCI Hand-off
  • Enabled xHCI Hand-off
  • Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto
  • Choose my Graphics Card as first display device

Now I have tried the Intel Virtualization on and off, but still I get frozen on the [PCI Configuration Begin] on boot. I really need this feature on, but will leave it off for the time being to if need be to at least get this OS X installed. Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the long post but I wanted to cover everything I have done.

I do apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes. Even thou I got the information from another site, the internet is full of information, we all are trying to achieve the same result. So is this the guide that I should follow then? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019599

Yes! Is the right for you!

I followed this guide, and I have to add this was way freaking better! I have 10.9.3 installed and works great after following the awsome guide. But I do have a few questions. I have two Nvidia 660 GTX's and so far only able to get two monitors working. I have 3 of them, two dvi to the first card, and a 3rd monitor on the 2nd card. Well OS X seems to load the top card fine with one monitor, and the 2nd card with the 3rd monitor, but I can't seem to get the 2nd monitor on the bottom DVI to come on. I have tried to get multiple drivers from the net, but nothing will install. Any suggestions? Plus I have Windows 8.1 on my 240gb SSD and was wondering what boot loader should I use? So far I keep booting my Mac with the USB installer. So far I am leaning towards using Clover, but are there any advantages to using either or?

I've got the best solution right here:

Buy a specific verified main board. I had one with the right cpu and gpu and it was like  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim: much worth.  :rolleyes: (but i gave it all out later in another system and left my self with just the main board with a cpu needed) 

If you just had GA-Z87X-UD5TH and not UD5H then you would be done now so you just got a specific main board left.

The rest is right, type in google custom mac guide.

Don't drink and post. He said that everything "works great". Seriously, do you think that his motherboard not having a T in its name has anything to do with his monitor outputs not working?

raptor: I have two monitors, one connected via DisplayPort and the other via DVI on a single GTX 660. This works fine with both the nvidia web drivers and OS X nvidia drivers. I haven't tried connecting both monitors via DVI at the same time but I know that both DVI outputs are working. One has priority over the DisplayPort, the other one doesn't.

To better understand where the issue lies, I'd probably start by removing the second card and see if I could get both displays up on the single card.  

Do you have working hardware accelerated graphics? Make sure you have all graphics injection completely disabled, it is not necessary with GTX 660 cards and can cause conflicts. Try removing the SLI cable if you're using one. I'm not sure if that will make any difference but I do know that OS X does not support SLI.

I'm thinking model identifier could affect this as well somehow? You should probably use a MacPro model identifier as those are the only type of Mac where you can actually install multiple graphics cards. Try to find other topics here by people with two video cards.

If you're UEFI booting then Clover is required.