Question about GTX660M

P2000Camaro

8 posts in this topic

I have an Asus G75VW. I donated to iAtkos M solely because I'm too lazy to {censored} around with kexts and {censored} anymore.. I have had several fully working hackintoshes in the past, and I'm very close to this being fully working. I purchased an AR9285 wireless card off Amazon to replace my 9485 that's in here now. So now the only thing that I'm having issues with is my video card. It's the GTX660M with 2gb RAM. 

From what it looks like, some Macs come with the 660m, so I'm wondering why mine isn't working? I have to click the "disable nvidia" box during install to even get it to load into the OS. System Profiler shows the correct card, but only 3M of memory. I've tried the inject, and Web drivers. Nothing has worked.. Is there a solution or do I have to buy a 670m card?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Sorry to bring bad news mate but now you pretty much got at the limit of your compatibility for hackintosh.  I already owned this same laptop and sold it because there was no way to make this kepler card to work with OSX, more info here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284767-anyone-mobile-kepler-6xxm-working/page-12

This thread includes all the desperate fellows that own the same hardware.  

The only solution that was reported to work on this lappy is as you said to buy a fermi 670m GTX, easy to replace the 660m GTX and works great.