Geforce 310m No Internal Display

justinnickovtime

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've managed to successfully install Niresh 10.9.0 on my Sony VAIO VPC-CW29FX laptop, but right after the Apple logo (after loading the Nvidia kexts), my internal screen shuts off, and the graphics drivers switch the display output to the HDMI port. When I go into System Preferences\Displays and click Detect, it doesn't detect the internal screen. 

I've done numerous things to get it to work. I've tried the usual boot switches (GraphicsEnabler=off/on, PCIRootUID=1, etc.), but to no avail. I did try backing up the kext files, which was moderately successful. After backing up them up, I was able to boot with the internal display working correctly. The only problem is that qe/ci was disabled. I tried reinstalling the defaul kexts, but as soon as I rebooted, my internal display stopped working again. 

My System Specs - 

CPU - Intel Core i3 350M

GPU - Nvidia Geforce 310M 256MB

Mobo Chipset - Intel HM 55 Chipset

RAM - 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600

WLAN - Atheros AR9285

Ethernet - Marvell Yukon 88E8057

Audio - Realtek something (not sure right now, at work, but I can look it up later if needed)

Is it possible to modify the kext, so it's forced to display out via the internal monitor? If not, is there another way to make it work?