Dell Optiplex 755 Mavericks

emialecs2008

3 posts in this topic

Heloo to everybody. I have 2 major questions

I have a Dell OptiPlex 755 with an Intel Dual Core2Duo at 2,66 Ghz, Hdd 250 Gghz, 2 Giga Ram , Main board has Intel cipset Ich9DO, Intel x3100 Video card build in Videocard and a Ati Radeon 4350 HD 512Mb Video card set as Primary.

1)

I want to install Mavericks Niresh Distro. All went well (in my opinion during install with no errors) but at the First boot I get a Karnel Panick. IOASCHI FAMILY and IOPACIFAMILY as you can see in the picture. What do I have to do to make it work. Do I have some missing Kexts in the USB installer?

2) I installed ML niresh . All went well. Install was succesfull but I cannot make my video card to work properly. If I use the onboard videocard from 128 Mb It onely sees 64 MB and No kext loaded and If I use Ati 4350 Videocard wich I understand it is 4600 kext. I have the 1440x900 native resolution but it is very buggy. It doesn't run correctly. It flikers, I cannot see youtube videos. not good at all.

Shood I try a native DSDT in extra folder & root? Should I pached it? What paches should I install in the DSTS. I have seen a user here that he has the same videocard and it works, including Transparency bar.

PLS help

post-1123867-0-18346100-1410267636_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have made my dell optiplex 755 to work with mavericks but with a lot of work around. First i have installed IOPCI IOAHCI from ML into USB installer in Extra folder. Same Karnel Panik as you can see in picture above. I manage to boot up with -x flag and Sata was set to RAID IS ON  in the BIOS SETTINGS. THIS ALLOWS ME TO INSTALL AND SEE ALL THE HARD DRIVES. I INSTALLED MAVERICKS ON A DIFFRENT PARTITION. At the first boot I get the same Karnel panic. in other words after install it doesn't see the necessary kexts to start OS. So from My main partition with ML i installed all the necessary Kexts with Kext wizard into mavericks partition S/L/E and repair cache extra and so on.  When restarting i put Sata to AHCI and Voila. Works like a charm everything. What boders me is that I'm do not know how to make my usb installer to reconise my necessary kext all thru the install. I was thinking maybe there is a way to make a package and put it into installer but i do not know how. PLS HELP. 
PS: I put my dell Kext into attachments.