60 OLD laptops around. What can i Hackintosh?

Jimmiegin

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys I have a huger stack of laptops, mostly Core 2 duo or Intel Dual core, also some AMDs but as I understand it, it is not the best way to go for the novice?

I am wondering what old laptop parts I could cobble together if you guys could throw some ideas in please and I will see what I can plunder. I seem to have half XP and half Vista and a couple of very brick like 95 machines. What I would like is a list of components that would have been in a mac of that age so maybe I can come as close as possible. I have recently stripped an old MacBook Air with 2GB RAM and a 120 GB not sure the CPU. Model A1034, I built this into a new case made of lego which looks pretty cool! Anyway I would like to build a Hackintosh as another cool project.

Cool, thank you guys :)

I am looking at my A1034 Air at the moment and it is running very slow Even with a modified battery (PCB is used to 'trick' the mac).

How far back in Os x versions can I go before processor support for the Core 2 Duo is not supported?. I Would like my hackintosh (When I build it) to run a lot faster and smoother than my current clunky mac air.

Of course I will select something with expansion ports to up the speed things up.