XFX R9 270x ( need some help )

curlyboy

18 posts in this topic

Here you go. A couple of things are not mentioned in that post, which is that the DSDT also needs a DTGP patch for the 270x patch to work, and the old GFX0 device needs to be renamed to IGPU.

Thank you ill give it a try , Im going to install 10.9.3 fresh 1st  and take it from there .   Jees for a card thats supposed to work OOB its puzzle indeed  LOL

ive tried just about everything with this card and nothing seems to work if i boot normal its gets stuck just about when desktop should appear if i boot with -v -f it loads fine but no driver gets loaded if i boot with -x then driver loads fine but its safe boot so no good   any idea ? .  motherboard is Z77 DS3H ( crossfire )  when its booting i can see that it finds ATI cape verde for HDMI audio  so it obviously recognises card and all ID`s

Ive tried  10.9  10.9.1  10.9.2 10.9.3 10.9.4 now 10.9.5   all giving same results

As I said, try framebuffer patching. Normally OS X's default framebuffer don't work with your card

Yeah your right  , my card seems to be a little diff from most R9 270x cards as no matter what i do it just wont load the driver , unforutanetly for me i havent a clue how to patch the framebuffers

thanks again